that the "truth"..is the truth.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi lurk3r,

that the "truth"..is the truth.

For sure that covers all bases!

Now using simple logic, Jesus says this

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

So all the lies the WT tell must center on Jesus?

All the best,

Stephen

• Heaven
    Heaven

That handing out Watchtower and Awake! magazines is one of the main definition of 'works' in God's eyes.

That the gates of heaven closed in 1935.

That the 'faithful and discreet slave' is a committee of 9-12 men known as 'The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses' in Brooklyn, N.Y., U.S.A.

That the JWs are God's 'one true people/religion'.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    Polo Shirts and Khakis in Paradise.

I see this in all the pictures in the goofy magazines, why aren't the folks all naked.......wasn't that how the original earth was purposed??

• reniaa
    reniaa

I see alot of justifications to allow things you know the bible disapproves of, particularily festivals to falseGods being made over to Jesus without consideration that Jesus would not want unclean rituals from false Gods put on him. romans 14 is a good chapter IF YOU READ IT ALL not just the bit you like.

Romans 14:22-23 (New International Version)

22 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23 But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I see alot of justifications to allow things you know the bible disapproves of, particularily festivals to falseGods being made over to Jesus without consideration that Jesus would not want unclean rituals from false Gods put on him. romans 14 is a good chapter IF YOU READ IT ALL not just the bit you like.

Romans 14:22-23 (New International Version)

22 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23 But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

My reply:

Umm...seems to me you left out the first, let's say 5 verses. They make it plain it is up to the individual consicence...not for anyone to condemn another. The WT violates this....and further violates verse 22 quoted above.

You said"I see alot of justifications to allow things you know the bible disapproves of, particularily festivals to falseGods being made over to Jesus without consideration that Jesus would not want unclean rituals from false Gods put on him."

That is simply human reasoning without a basis...especially in light of Paul's word.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Paul words where clearly to former Jews and the festivals that were to Jehovah God as Jews but there is no indication that this covered pagan practises quite the contrary, the fact it also discussies jewish food issues because as christians they could eat things unclean by jewish standards again makes it clear this is a discusion on once jewish Christians and former Jewish festivals and abstinence on certain unclean foods. but when talking on Pagan practises things are different.

1 Corinthians 10:20-21No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons.

1 Peter 4:3-4 (New International Version)

3 For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do—living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry. 4 They think it strange that you do not plunge with them into the same flood of dissipation, and they heap abuse on you.

Reniaa

• Mary
    Mary

• That God would rather see a person die than accept a blood transfusion;
    • That there are two classes of Christians
    • That Jesus' Return is "invisible" and happened in 1914
    • That the Gentile Times began in 607 BCE
    • That you have to get at least 10 hours in Field Service in order to be made an MS or elder;
    • That the Slobbering Body members are the "faithful and discreet slave"
    • That celebrating your birthday is "bad"
    • That celebrating your wedding anniversary is "good"
    • That smoking is a disfellowshipping offense.
    • That you should cut your family members off if they do not agree with something the Governing Body says is true
    • "present truths"
  • isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Paul words where clearly to former Jews and the festivals that were to Jehovah God as Jews but there is no indication that this covered pagan practises quite the contrary, the fact it also discussies jewish food issues because as christians they could eat things unclean by jewish standards again makes it clear this is a discusion on once jewish Christians and former Jewish festivals and abstinence on certain unclean foods. but when talking on Pagan practises things are different.

My reply: That is an assertion that goes against the context of the verses. FOR A SECOND THOUGH, let's pretend thyou are correct. A JW who decided to celebrate the Feast of Dedication would be dfed just as quickly as one celebrating Christmas. Why has the Wt taken away the freedom that, according to their own teaching, Paul gave the Christians? Either way, the WT is in violation of overriding paul's words and teaching their own man-made doctrine as a command of God. However, the statements made are very general...nothing in the context indicates that this was made regarding only the Jewish festivals, you are jsut reading into the text what you already beleive.

1 Corinthians 10:20-21No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons.

My reply: You intentionally left off at verse 21...This is speaking of meat sacrificed to idols..the remaining verses show that there is nothing wrong with meat...meat is meat...the issue is the conscience of others.

1 Peter 4:3-4 (New International Version)

3 For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do—living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry. 4 They think it strange that you do not plunge with them into the same flood of dissipation, and they heap abuse on you.

Reniaa

My reply: Only problem is that you have not shown the celebration fo holidays to be a flood of dissipation but rather human reasoning, and mis-reasoning at that. The WT is quite guilty of verse 4- heaping abuse on those who use their Christian freedom.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

This is a downright lie from the WT and total false translation.

NWT Acts 2: 21 And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”’

Turn over two chapters in the same "bible" and the contradiction is clear.

NWT Acts 4:10 let it be known to all of YOU and to all the people of Israel, that in the name of Jesus Christ the Naz·a·rene´, whom YOU impaled but whom God raised up from the dead, by this one does this man stand here sound in front of YOU . 11 This is ‘the stone that was treated by YOU builders as of no account that has become the head of the corner.’ 12 Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”

No, Acts 2:21 can only read like all these bibles.

New International Version (©1984)
    And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    'AND IT SHALL BE THAT EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.'

International Standard Version (©2008)
    Then whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    Then whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'

King James Bible
    And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

American King James Version
    And it shall come to pass, that whoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

American Standard Version
    And it shall be, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Bible in Basic English
    And whoever makes his prayer to the Lord will have salvation.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved.

Darby Bible Translation
    And it shall be that whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

English Revised Version
    And it shall be, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Webster's Bible Translation
    And it shall come to pass, that whoever shall call on the name of the Lord, shall be saved.

Weymouth New Testament
    and every one who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.'

World English Bible
    It will be, that whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.'

Young's Literal Translation
    and it shall be, every one -- whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, he shall be saved.

So who is the "Lord"? Seems real important to know if you want to be saved.

Romans 10:9 (New International Version)

9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:3 (New International Version)

3 Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit