...Jehovah`s Witness Kids don`t miss Celebrating Birthdays,Christmas..ect..ect!!....

by OUTLAW 143 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"To me, that's the best part of this board. I found out that other people feel the same way that I have felt all my life. I had never talked about this stuff with anyone.".............It was dangerous to talk about this kind of stuff..Especially if you were a kid..You would get an Ass Whoop`n.......We were purposley kept isolated..Even from our own feelings........................................OUTLAW

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

We were purposley kept isolated..Even from our own feelings........................................OUTLAW

Oh My God! That is SOOOO true. And I am sad to say that my mother died 13 months ago at the age of 76 still very isolated from her own feelings.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi outlaw

I tried to inject some discussion into a typical.."Lets try and say how evil being a witness was/is" bait thread obviously you can't cope with this.

Are english children suffering because we don't celebrate thanksgiving?

anyone brave enough to answer this?

Reniaa

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Start your own topic, then we might discuss it

Allrighty then...back to topic :-D

• Pandoras cat11
    Pandoras cat11

Yes, I missed the celebrating the holidays. I remember sitting in the classroom as everyone got their Valentines--including me. When I came home they were immediately thrown out!!! ( I did manage to eat some candy hearts, hehehe). I would have loved to have had a Christmas tree too.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I don't think my family ever really gave up Thanksgiving. We like the turkey dinners with the relatives too much. My kids have been doing birthday parties and Halloween costume parties for years now.

Christmas a little, but it's actually not their favorite holiday.We do gifting though.

I know Witnesses who love those social things, so they just do up the ones allowed more. They're the ones throwing big baby showers and engagment parties.

Best thing about Easter....CADBURY CARAMEL EGGS.

• reniaa
    reniaa

lol I'll rest my case, to be honest these bait bad Jw experience threads are not that interesting. I will say that my experince of people celebrating in my estate around me was the kids that enjoyed them most were the ones that had parents that could afford them! Money or lack of it often being the issue on enjoyment.

Reniaa

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hey Outlaw, did I mention that I wanted to celebrate Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years? Just in case you can't hear because of all the weird echos in here....

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Just can't make your own topic can ya Reniaa?

Nothing here folks, back to topic :-D

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

How many actual presents did I EVER get from people in the Christian Congregation??

NONE. DE NADA. Except for a year book when I got Baptised.

When I got older Iwould give gifts, for passing the driving test, or invite so over to celebrate their baptism.

I have too many fingers on only one hand to count the Gifts that JWs claim they give all the year round.

I suppose if you are a very poor family (like mine) no celebrations are a godsend.

Though with regard to Wedding Anniversaries, why don't JWs celebrate their first copulation anytime of the year?

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit