Are You Paul or are you Saul?

by reniaa 347 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    there we go Reniaa...you have the testimony of how and why i try to help others out of the org, as well as of Mr Majestic. I am a Bible beleiver, he is not...we are both motivated by love for people.

What a lovely thought there Isaac…… You’re right…. I do indeed love everybody…….(coy blushing half smile..eyes slightly downward)

Talking of which, is it my imagination or do you harbour a secret crush on Reniaa….??? lol…!!

You do tease her a lot I have noticed. All that pig tail pulling…. It’s a sure sign…..?????

• sir82
    sir82
    Jws did not create armageddon it's already written and in detail.

Detail? Really?

In my Bible the word "Armageddon" appears in exactly one verse.

What JWs did invent is the elaborate verse-jumping interpretation of "Armageddon" as incorporating certain imagery found in Ezekiel, Daniel, 2 Peter, 2 Thessalonians, etc.

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

This was the same man at different times in his life yet he changed his name because he completely changed his ideals and Goals too. but which one is the better one?

Paul did not change his life or name, I believe Jesus did that for him. No matter how sincere Saul was , he was following men , not GOD. After his conversion he was changed in who he followed.

Many years after I had ceased to follow men, I too have come to know Jesus. It has changed my life , not through efforts like I used to will myself to do when with the JW's , but by the Holy Spirit being poured out on me by my Heavenly Father & HIS Son Jesus Christ.My ideals have not been changed , I am now able to achieve them, because I have GOD's help. My goals are changed in that material things are now of less importance to me.I'm a much nicer person.

To answer your question, I consider Paul my spiritual brother.

BF

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Talking of which, is it my imagination or do you harbour a secret crush on Reniaa….??? lol…!!

You do tease her a lot I have noticed. All that pig tail pulling…. It’s a sure sign…..?????

Umm, no. Simply can not stand arrogant apologists who make judgmental statements. LOL I think it is also a hope that somehow something will penetrate. Ya never know LOL

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    I think it is also a hope that somehow something will penetrate. Ya never know LOL

Mmmmmm..... I bet you do hope for that ( Raised eyebrows..)

Very bad choice of words there I think Isaac…..lol.. Freudian slip there by any chance…..???? lol..!!!

See….my hunch is never wrong…..

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LOL Yeah I realized it was a poor choice of words after I hit send and was wondering if you'd catch it.

• shamus100
  • Yizuman
    Yizuman

Reniaa,

You are clearly following man, the GB that is. The bible warns against following men...

"Thus says the LORD, "Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind And makes flesh his strength, And whose heart turns away from the LORD." Jer 17:5

You're turning your heart away from Jehovah of the bible and turning to men who publish magazines and books for you to read instead of the entirety of the bible. They want you to read their interpretation (however twisted it may be) instead of following the Holy Spirit in John 14:26.

I don't follow man, I follow the Holy Spirit only.

After all does not the bible say that "“All Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work” (2Tim. 3:16)."

The WTS will twist that to mean them instead of the Holy Spirit.

I dare you put aside all of the teachings of the WTS and read the bible alone with an open mind. Forget the NWT bible, get the KJV instead and a dictionary to look up words. But pray before you open the bible for the guidance of the HS before you begin reading.

That's it.

Yiz

• snowbird
    snowbird

Just poking my head in to say that the name change from Saul to Paul took place at Acts 13:9.

You never know, that may be a million $ question on Jeopardy one day!

LOL at Mr. Majestic.

Sylvia

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Reniaa I haven't commented on any of your threads because to me its just an exercise of futility.

Even when you've been shown many times where the WTBTS have been wrong you still will take their side.

So I usually won't waste my time or yours or others time to respond.

But I had to take just a few brief moments to type something here in simple terms that even a child can understand.

You said that its not wrong to be in expectation of the end (or similar wording...read above) and rightly so.

Many bible writers were looking with expectation of the things coming upon the earth and prophecy being fulfilled.

I have no problem with people being in expectation. The problem comes when dates are set. Show me just one scripture

where the bible writers set a specific date for something to happen and when it didn't they revised the date.

According to Acts 1:6,7 [NWT] it's not going to be given to men when the kingdom of god is set up. Here's the direct quote.

When, now, they had assembled, they went asking him: “Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?”

He said to them: “It does not belong to YOU to get knowledge of the times or seasons which the Father has placed in

his own jurisdiction"

This is in direct opposition to telling people a certain date that the kingdom was set up in (1914)

Here's a simple illustration so it won't go over to many peoples heads..

Say my brother tells me he's going to come and visit me this week. I'm all excited and eagerly awaiting his visit.

Nothing wrong with that. But if I go tell others my brother said he would be at my house on Sunday and make all

these arrangements then I would look foolish to them if he didn't show up on Sunday since he said this week

and didn't give a specific day. He may wait until Friday to come over. It would be wrong for me to pick a date for him

since he himself didn't set it. But i would know the season (in this case within a week) so nothing wrong with me

being in expectation of his visit.

Anyhow I'm not sure what your agenda is but I hope you keep "making sure of all things" and hold fast to what is fine.

One last scripture in closing, its in Acts 17:26,27

And he made out of one [man] every nation of men, to dwell upon the entire surface of the earth, and he decreed

the appointed times and the set limits of the dwelling of [men], for them to seek God, if they might grope for him

and really find him, although, in fact, he is not far off from each one of us

That one scripture sums it all up. We don't need organized religion because God is not far from each one of us.

And in closing I hope all you guys/gals are having a wonderful summer and enjoying it as much as I am

Peace,

StoneWall

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit