Are You Paul or are you Saul?

by reniaa 347 Replies latest jw friends

• reniaa
    reniaa

isaac are you talking about hananiah becasue he made upa whole prophecy not just put dates on an exiesting prophecy jer 28

• reniaa
    reniaa

sir 82

If the zealouness is all in the destruction of the faith and I see noone trying to replace it with there own faith then I can see no resemblance to Paul, Paul preached the message first and allowed that to do the work.

Isaac saying that destruction is enough in your own words and that anything is better than Jw's is not the least bit Christian.

If you sole motivation is destruction then you are doing something you should be leaving to God.

Thats why we have the preaching work so people can be saved the Judgement is for when Jesus comes.

On what scriptural basis Isaac do you justify doing work god has allocated to his son and not us?

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa...yes,,He did not make up a whole prophecy. he took God's words that he would bring the Jews back to the land....those were god's words. Like the WT, Hanani put a time limit on it and God's name as well.

Jer 28

10 Then Hananiah the prophet took the (P) yoke from the neck of Jeremiah the prophet and broke it.

11 Hananiah spoke in the presence of all the people, saying, " (Q) Thus says the LORD, 'Even so will I break within two full years the yoke of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon from the neck of all the nations.'" Then the prophet Jeremiah went his way.

12 The (R) word of the LORD came to Jeremiah after Hananiah the prophet had broken the yoke from off the neck of the prophet Jeremiah, saying,

13 "Go and speak to Hananiah, saying, 'Thus says the LORD, "You have broken the yokes of wood, but you have made instead of them (S) yokes of iron."

14 'For thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, "I have put a (T) yoke of iron on the neck of all these nations, that they may serve Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon; and they will (U) serve him And (V) I have also given him the beasts of the field."'"

15 Then Jeremiah the prophet said to Hananiah the prophet, "Listen now, Hananiah, the LORD has not sent you, and (W) you have made this people trust in a lie.

16 "Therefore thus says the LORD, ' (X) Behold, I am about to remove you from the face of the earth This year you are going to (Y) die, because you have (Z) counseled rebellion against the LORD.'"

17 So Hananiah the prophet died in the same year in the seventh month.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Can I have another choice please? I'm neither. I'm not a fanatical hater of anyone like Saul was, nor am I an apostle like Paul.

I truly love my Jehovah's Witness friends and family, and talk to them all the time. They know I'm inactive, have been for some time and have my issues with the WTS.

I don't preach to them against their faith. I believe it's not only wrong, but it's not very successful to do that.

Trying to convert others is a Witness thing, I don't do it, and was never successful at it as a Witness. I can see both sides of many issues, so maybe I just wasn't hard line enough to be a good Witness. I freely admit that, as it gives me no pain to admit it.

I was baptized young, never exposed to other beliefs, never truly examined them or I probably would have never committed to become a Witness in the first place. The Witness beliefs and construct doesn't suit either my personality or my personal spiritual experiences. I was always afraid and confused as a Witness because my mystical personal experiences were always labeled as demonic by them.

I'd pray and pray to be free of demons, burn everything in my house that might have been responsible, but still had these experiences that the Witnesses can only label as demonic as they have no room in their beliefs for personal spiritual experiences, experiencing the feeling emotional oneness with God, or works of holy spirit.

Conversion comes from within, not from hacking someone's beliefs to pieces. I would never dismantle someone's faith unless they already had a stepping stone to another way. Many Witnesses seem content to stay Witnesses. The ones that can't understand it or can't live it leave anyway, eventually, one way or another.

What I can't understand is why the Witnesses seem to want people back who aren't suited to be Witnesses or why they baptize people in the first place who aren't truly into their very unique lifestyle, but who are simply there because they have JW parents and are given no other choices. After they kick you out or you fade, they should just leave it alone (sometimes,that happens, to be sure). If a person wants to go back to it, no doubt they will.

They should just present it as what it is to people in the ministry, not this gradual luring in that they do. If they presented all the particulars, the do's and don'ts right up front, and the differences of the lifestyle, maybe they would only attract the few who really want to live like that, and not have to keep getting rid of people who didn't know what they were in for, who didn't read the fine print, or who simply changed their minds.

In other faiths, you can change your mind, go to another church that suits you better and no one even blinks. If Witnesses had that freedom, how many of them would still be Witnesses?

I think it's a very good question. How many are there completely out of free will and how empty would the average KH be if one could just walk away without serious social, familial and emotional repercussions?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa:

sir 82

If the zealouness is all in the destruction of the faith and I see noone trying to replace it with there own faith then I can see no resemblance to Paul, Paul preached the message first and allowed that to do the work.

My reply: Zeal in the destruction in faith to the WT- NOT God. I personally direct toward Jesus. BUT it is to the individual to replace, not the person helping them see the cult for what it is. A free mind will allow the person to see their options

Isaac saying that destruction is enough in your own words and that anything is better than Jw's is not the least bit Christian.

My reply: I didn't say anything other than JW is better. I said a free mind as opposed to a cult controlled mind is better. The WT org is not Christian.

If you sole motivation is destruction then you are doing something you should be leaving to God.

My reply: My sole motivation is love for people...to empower them to think for themselves.

Thats why we have the preaching work so people can be saved the Judgement is for when Jesus comes.

My reply: No, the JW preaching work is busy work to show loyalty to the org. Their false gospel saves no one.

On what scriptural basis Isaac do you justify doing work god has allocated to his son and not us?

Reniaa

My reply: Please show me where God has a allocated to his son and not us exposing a false conterfeit-Christian cult?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa:

sir 82

My reply: Zeal in the destruction in faith to the WT- NOT God. I personally direct toward Jesus. BUT it is to the individual to replace, not the person helping them see the cult for what it is. A free mind will allow the person to see their options

My reply: I didn't say anything other than JW is better. I said a free mind as opposed to a cult controlled mind is better. The WT org is not Christian.

My reply: My sole motivation is love for people...to empower them to think for themselves.

My reply: No, the JW preaching work is busy work to show loyalty to the org. Their false gospel saves no one.

Reniaa

My reply: Please show me where God has a allocated to his son and not us exposing a false conterfeit-Christian cult?

• reniaa
    reniaa

nice try isaac I admit it but his fault wasn't the date but the actual false prophecy in front of others. Jws did not create armageddon it's already written and in detail. otherwise all those expecting Jesus and thinking various wisemen including John the baptist are false prophets too. It is not a sin to be in expectation in fact the bible tells us to be.

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

nice try isaac I admit it but his fault wasn't the date but the actual false prophecy in front of others. Jws did not create armageddon it's already written and in detail. otherwise all those expecting Jesus and thinking various wisemen including John the baptist are false prophets too. It is not a sin to be in expectation in fact the bible tells us to be.

Reniaa

My reply: And Hananiah did not create the return of the Jews and their utensils. Just as JWs did not create armageddon. Hananiah put a time that this would happen and stamped God's name on it. The WT did the same- "This generation"- 1914.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

reniaa:

nice try isaac I admit it but his fault wasn't the date but the actual false prophecy in front of others.

My reply:

Wel then the WT is far guiltier than Hananiah- they have said their false prophecies in front of the enitre world thru millions of pieces of lit. Much more publicizing then hananiah.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

or go back further Reniaa...1914- the end of everything...whose dates??? "God's dates, not man's"

Did God say it would all be over by 1914? Or was something attributed to him that he never said?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit