Are You Paul or are you Saul?

by reniaa 347 Replies latest jw friends

• reniaa
    reniaa

caliber if you read the greek scriptures they too emphasised the ungency they were counciled not to expect it too soon the thess tried to say it was happening they got eager (funnily enough they weren't condemned as false prophets) But the urgency is there and we are biblically counciled not to start thinking it will never happen.

2 Peter 3:9
    The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Peter 3:14 (New International Version)

14 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa:

erm how have they put gods name on it? catholics said that for definite Jesus's return would be 1000 ad they swore it on their trinity God so I'm trying to see were you think this is different?

Reniaa

My reply: ermm..."calling it "The Creator's promise" or "God's dates, not man's"

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

we are not discussing Catholicism here..we are discussing JWs.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Yizuman you say I follow men but no I follow Gods arrangement, Jehovah-Jesus-leaders in men-flock this is the arrangement in the greek scriptures the point is I expect leaders in men whichever christian faith I was in.

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

reniaa:

Your right hamsterbait I stand corrected! I worded that wrong I should have said MAYBE but the assumption either way is wrong, Anti-witnesses cannot assume after ripping Jws faith away from them that they will still get ressurrected and thus absolve themselves.

Reniaa

My reply: ripping JW faith in man away from them does not leave the person any less saved than they were while serving the cult

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When people tell me on here that their Goal is to get people out of Jws and destroy the religion they do remind me of Saul and his misguided Zealousness...............Reniaa..Your not very proud of being a Jehovah`s Witness yourself..You won`t tell us if your a Baptized Jehovah`s Witness..You won`t tell us about your meeting attendance..Or any participation in WBT$ activities...And..You publicly admit you don`t follow the WBT$.....But..You do defend the WBT$..............Why would you support an organization you yourself don`t follow?.................Thats Crazy!!........................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi mindmelder

Your right I didn't mean to imply Paul and saul where the only two choices but trying to contrast a Soul-like spirit I see in ex-Jws on this forum, to maybe hope they can see that If they themselves no longer want to be witnesses that that is fine but they should not create a new religion dedicated to destroying one.

But if you have decided to walk away because you simply do not believe anymore that is your choice and I respect it.

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa:

Hamsterbait if you actually read this thread my point is I would admire them more if they were coming with a faith and preaching a faith then they are giving the person a new hope, It also makes there motives less about personal issues and more about God. But even Isaac who I know believes in God has admitted he is happy just to FREE them and so giving himself no responcibility to replace that faith with another.

Reniaa

My reply: I have said 3 or 4 times I direct toward Jesus. But the choice is the person's. Even if they do not accept the path of Jesus, it is happifying that they are free from the cult. The choice of whther they follow Jesus is not my resposiblilty.

Reniaa:

caliber if you read the greek scriptures they too emphasised the ungency they were counciled not to expect it too soon the thess tried to say it was happening they got eager (funnily enough they weren't condemned as false prophets) But the urgency is there and we are biblically counciled not to start thinking it will never happen.

2 Peter 3:9
    The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Peter 3:14 (New International Version)

14 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him.

My reply: Agreed. Not n excuse to put God's name on the dates. That's called false prophecying.

Reniaa:

Yizuman you say I follow men but no I follow Gods arrangement, Jehovah-Jesus-leaders in men-flock this is the arrangement in the greek scriptures the point is I expect leaders in men whichever christian faith I was in.

Reniaa

My reply: Except the men you follow have a proven history of false prophecy, wrong teachings, and a lack of love- all of which are fruits of something quite contrary to Jesus.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

hi mindmelder

Your right I didn't mean to imply Paul and saul where the only two choices but trying to contrast a Soul-like spirit I see in ex-Jws on this forum, to maybe hope they can see that If they themselves no longer want to be witnesses that that is fine but they should not create a new religion dedicated to destroying one.

But if you have decided to walk away because you simply do not believe anymore that is your choice and I respect it.

Reniaa

My reply: A new religion would not be a correct term. An outreach dedicated to exposing the falsehoods of the WT is a very noble task...as it a ministry directing those who are leaving/out to Christ.

• caliber
    caliber

Tell me what exact DATE these eager people set and swore to in God's name ?

It is like saying an engaged couple aren't guilty of fornication.. they were just eager for marriage intimacies !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit