Watchtower is kicking people out again, in the name of LOVE?

by Bethelite Elder 119 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

spot on done4good.

the only good bethellite (or ex-bethellite) is the one that starts to speak out against the borg

• Cessa
    Cessa

I guess what got to me about Gary's comments is that it took so long for me to screw up the courage to comment here, and it doesn't give a very good impression of the love of the forum to be told that I deserved what i got, when no one even knows what i got, what it did to me, or how those painful experiences brought me here. I understand bitterness and hate, but it shouldn't be directed at the people who post here. As a woman, a lot of the generalizations made about Bethelites do not apply to me, and I can certainly tell you that when I went to That Place it was out of love, and not out of a misplaced desire for 'free things' or glory. Younger Bethelites do not get a lot of free things, and are certainly worked very hard.

Anyway. That's all I will say.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

sorry cessa.

alot of these guys have made me feel inferior

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Had a good night sleep and need to clarify things I posted here. I've seen many many terrible things people do to one another in the "world" AND in this organization. The sad thing about them happening in this organization is you don't expect them from "brothers and sisters". Most of us are completely naive when we first come in...we don't feel the fishing hooks stuck in our cheeks.

Gave a talk once as an MS that got me in trouble...I looked out into the congregation and said.."Today. I see many here that were once goats and are now sheep. Sad to say some sheep here may one day become goats, but one thing will always remain the same...the snakes here today will always be snakes." You could hear a pin drop for a second and then a few mummers. Needless to say I got carted into the back room. When I came out though I had a number of the "down trodden" thank me.

This organization is all about TITLES..MS..Elder...PO..CO..DO..Pioneer..BETHELITE!!!!!! Some try to do good, but sad to say titles for the most part go to a person's head, and most will step on anyone to keep them (not all). Pioneered for 2 years, and one day 8 of us were sitting in the pioneer room doing pointless phone calls, I suggested we ALL go call on a sister with MS who couldn't make ALL the meeting.... to encourage her. NOT ONE would do it because they would have to STOP THEIR TIME under orders of the Most Holy Society.I spent almost two PRODUCTIVE hours talking to her and her husband. When I asked the other pioneers what they had done...well, we went door to door but didn't find any one home.

Worked a job that employed all brothers (Rug Doctor) and eventually got let go because I wouldn't stand for the underhanded business dealings. All the brothers refused to stand with me in exposing the corruption, because they didn't want to lose their jobs. "I'm going to remain NEUTRAL on this they all said." Well, I moved on. Funny thing..in a few years the wealthy brother sold out to "worldly" investors and all the brothers were out of their jobs. Sounds a bit like what's happening to the Bethelites....what goes around comes around.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

So are these WTS corporate reductions due to a financial problem or is "the kingdom" shrinking out in the field and so fewer head office resources are needed?

I cannot count how many times I heard from the Kingdom Hall platform that money would never be a problem because Jehovah was blessing the kingdom work.

So if plenty of money means that Jehovah is blessing "the kingdom work".

What does a reduction in financial and human resources mean?

Are the widows, orphans and afflicted ones being looked after?

Is there a sharing so that none will have a need?

Are those appointed over their belongings looking after them or shedding them because of the cost burden?

Are the sheep being gathered or dispersed?

In Christ

abe

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Anyone coming to a realisation that have worked all their life for a publishing company/cult, while sincerely believing they were giving their lives to God, will experience significant trauma due to the collapse of all that they held dear: their belief system, family, friends, social standing; not to mention having to rebuild their lives almost from scratch.

Yes, we've all been there to one degree or another. Those that choose to stay knowing the facts, stay for their own reasons and we don't have the right to judge them even though it seems hypocritical/cowardly/futile/sickening. There is merit in working from the inside to help people out. Also, who can blame others for not being able to cope with the pain that comes from leaving? Each to his own.

Everyone who comes to this site (excluding Reniaa and her ilk) deserves to find support and empathy, not condemnation.

Just because some who have arrived here were pushed before they jumped doesn't warrant personal attacks.

On the other hand, those that find themselves in the firing line (from a minority here) should expect that as people having had a higher status in the org, they will be in for some flack (regardless of the good they practiced, their sincerity and their pain now), as can be expected when ones have had their lives ruined at the hands of the WTS and its supporters.

We are all victims but we need to help one another to move on and put one more nail in the coffin that is the WTS.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Cessa, welcome to the forum.

You said:I can certainly tell you that when I went to That Place it was out of love, and not out of a misplaced desire for 'free things' or glory.

I can truly tell you that for over thirty years I thought I was serving the true God with his only organization, and did all not for glory, but out of love.

Even when I shunned people and did not associate with those who didn't attend regularly.....well, not love for those people, but love for my family, because I felt we'd be "tainted" by bad association....after all, isn't that what is implied by the Most Holy Watchtower?

Even when I neglected my "worldly" family.

Finally, of course, I woke up....too late to let my mother and father know....they are dead....and too late for many other things like an education...

At any rate, most of us here were "in" because we were sincere, and are hurting now.

Some, like Garybuss, have different coping mechanisms. They are not trying to say that they don't care. He has helped many here, and is quite insightful at times.

Please bear with us....we are an eclectic group....not cookie cutter look-alikes as would be found at a meeting.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Please bear with us....we are an eclectic group....not cookie cutter look-alikes as would be found at a meeting.

Very good point Quandry.

Cessna, I hope you stay, I know your experiences and insight would be of great interest to all of us. I think you will discover that the Societys world is very small and you have to keep your blinders on. Out here the world is huge, limitless and your voice has value.

As a woman i think you will be amazed at how much more respect you will receive from worldly men then you ever received as a woman in the org.

I know I was.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Why condemn somebody here because you think they are condemning people they don't know?

Any body who was involved with the Borg knows that they condemn and mind read everybody elses motives all the time.

Bethel is no more inclusive than a congregation, meaning that there are those on the fringes, on the bottom just followng orders because they are convinced Jehovah is running the organization. I don't understand why some people (DaCHeech, Garybus, others) think that just because you are from Bethel it means you had access to all the inside information, knew what was going on, knew the true nature of the GB, and all that. It's easy to just classify them all as one kind of person, but it's wrong and stupid.

Yes, DaCheech, you hit a nerve. But not because what you said is anywhere near true. In fact, I'd say you guys got your "nerves hit" by having new Bethelite posters on here. What else would bring you out of the woodwork? All I ask is that you don't judge people without knowing them. As I got done explaining before, everyone has their own wake up call, and just because someone worked at Bethel doesn't mean they know any more than you about the abuses of the GB. I was a dish-washer for crying out loud, thinking I was serving my God. I stuck to myself and did what I was told. You gonna berate me for being "one of them"? Well, if so, it just shows you'd rather classify people into neat little categories without understanding them. You probably do the same for people of other ethnicities.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

And another thing, bronzefist, and DaCheech: your comments show what this is really about: You're still angry because you felt inferior in the organization. Big fucking deal. Get over it. You're out, and it doesn't do you or anyone else any good to start tearing into an ex-Bethelite just because they had a title you didn't, or because you once got screwed over by a Bethelite. THat's the same as someone cursing at a Mexican because you're paranoid Mexicans are gonna take your job.

Grow the fuck up and be polite to new posters. Otherwise, GTFO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit