Watchtower is kicking people out again, in the name of LOVE?

by Bethelite Elder 119 Replies latest jw friends

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

This is all f&*k up, so many, many of us have been beaten to a emotional mess by this heartless cult and I think it's time for it to die. I hope this opens a can of shit worms and opens the eyes of many.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'm quite sorry to hear about another round of Bethel layoffs. Welcome to JWD, Cessa and Bethelite Elder.

It does seem to make sense...I haven't been hearing a lot about making Bethel a career anymore.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Right now I am seeing many Bethelites depressed, paranoid, distressed, and uncertain about their future. When I first

went to Bethel, I really did think that everything was legit.

That is really sad what they are facing and no doubt they feel betrayed.

hope4others

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

bronzefist,

I'm sorry for what you've experienced and seen. It truly bears no resemblance to my experience growing up a dub or serving in Bethel.

I assume from your reply that you weren't involved in any of the Society's relief work with floods or hurricanes. I have many good memories from such work. I hope you understand from your own experience the satisfaction that comes with being involved with something that really helps people in a practical way... instead of just giving them a colorful magazine and reporting it on a slip.

I'm sorry about your wife and daughter. I've served in several congregations in two languages and seen many different problems. Given the ineptitude of many on the BOE, nothing as unjust as what you described ever happened. As I already mentioned, I did everything I could to please God and help the flock. It was unbelievable and frustrating how many of the sheeples would be at each other's throats sometimes. I still don't understand how some people needed to have a steady stream of drama in their lives. Now I realize that there is no spiritual paradise, or holy spirit directing anything. But really, for the areas I've been in, the outrageous scandals that have happened in a few of the other churches really made the KH look appealing. Sadly, all religions are, well, sad.

Here and now, there is zero unemployment in the local congregation. Of all the congregations I've been in, help and cooperation were high, often despite personality differences. I've been in the congregations where miracle money appears to help the elderly and needy. Green handshakes helped send pioneers and Bethelites to International Conventions. I've received help before and I've been generous before... and it continues. Frankly, I'm not saying this in defense of Watchtower, I've just been very fortunate to be surrounded by some very good, kind, and generous people. The type that would be just as great if they were atheists probably.

BUT, I will clarify that I realize this has been MY experience. Many have suffered terribly at the hands of abusive authority in Kingdom Halls. Many have left because of injustices as you describe. Certainly, if everyone had experiences like you, publishers would be leaving in droves. Right? But they're not. Personally, I haven't decided to leave because of personal injustices against me. I'm leaving because it's simply not the truth. What's been taught is wrong. The DC theme is Keep on the Watch! but really, the theme should be Prop Up the Publishing Corporation!

Anyone who stays at Bethel with blinders on..not seeing the hypocrisy until they are let go should just move on to another congregation and be treated as "special ones" once again.

Come on bronze, do you think Bethelites or ex-Bethelites should stay enslaved to Watchtower because you say so? Yes, I saw hypocrisy in the organization, but do you think there is no hypocrisy in the outside world? Hey, isn't at least one of the former Illinois governors up in a Wisconsin prison? Or was he relocated to Indiana? Will Blago be in an Illinois prison, Wisconsin, or where? Shoot, why not just make the Illinois governor's mansion into a maximum security prison and be done with it. I look out at a porkbarrel project everyday and have numerous registered sex offenders living withing blocks of where I work. What do I do? I go on with my life and do the best that I can, hoping it gets better... the same as I did in Bethel.

Chances are very good that Bethelite Elder is someone I know. Cessa... maybe, but probably not. Not much has been said for me to make the call. But, I consider it likely that they're a couple of the good ones that I would like to help somehow.

Bronze, I'm sorry if I have offended you by what I've said or by having served at Bethel. But I really feel like you would like to throw me under the bus. Hey, if you're gonna throw me under the bus, throw the boss Teddy J under the wheels too!

B the X

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't even know you. This the only post in my life I've ever addressed to Cessa. My future posts here or anywhere are not addressed to you unless your alias is on the top of the post.

Do I understand that you were employed by the Watch Tower Corporation and now you're laid off? Sorry, but I don't feel sorry for ya. You worked for weasels, they're scum. Unless your daddy has BIG bucks or is a Corporation high up, it was predictable they'd screw ya. There's lots more gonna get nailed too.

I know for a fact that if you would have done a search on any library computer since 1995 for "Jehovah's Witnesses" you would have read all the dirty deals your bosses were pulling. Why'd ya stay if ya didn't agree with them?

So ya chose to work for a snake and he bit ya. Your buddies screwed over everybody who ever got in their way. You just got in their way. And it's about money!

Gary, quit being a pompous asshole, spouting your lame platitudes. You're overlooking a very simple fact: that for a lot of Bethelites being laid off, it's their FIRST wake up call that things aren't right. Everyone has a FIRST wakeup call. You had yours at some point. So why are you trying to browbeat other victims of the WTS?

Your words are unbelievably obtuse and your anger for the WTS is spilling over onto anyone else who you think represents them. I would have assumed you were smarter than that, but maybe you're not. Maybe you just don't care either. "So you chose to work for a snake and he bit ya." YEAH, WE KNEW WE WERE WORKING FOR "SNAKES". That's right. We knew all along. We just wanted status. We didn't think we were serving our God. No sir.

You dumb fuck.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Anyone who stays at Bethel with blinders on..not seeing the hypocrisy until they are let go should just move on to another congregation and be treated as "special ones" once again.

Excuse me? Who's the hypocrit? As I just got done explaining to our sympathetic man garybuss, everyone has their first wake-up call. Why would you express anger at a Bethelite who realizes what the WTS really is? Because you somehow think they share the blame for your troubles? Hello?! I was a Bethelite, does that mean I'm at fault for any pain you may have been caused by the WTS?

I don't care when it is someone wakes up. Something triggers it... it doesn't matter what it is. THe only thing that matters is that we have current Bethelites on these boards seeking for emotional support. Anyone who kicks dirt in their faces deserves a punch in the balls.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Thank you Daniel,

Your last two posts needed to be said.

Thank you for being a man and saying them.

With great respect,

yesidid

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Jeez daniel-p, I can't believe I wasted so much time on a wordy post addressing a subject you clarified in, like, a few sentences. I suppose everybody can tell I was in Bethel way too long... wordy, ineffective, nearly pointless but filling pages.

B the X

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Billy and Daniel P,

Thank you for your posts! Even when I was in Bethel in the 70s I had my moments of doubt. If the Internet had existed then and I'd been brave enough to visit this board I hope I would have found a few souls here who would remember what it was like to be a JW and be experiencing their first doubts.

Again, welcome to the board Cessa and Bethelite Elder!

There is no united "apostate" organization. We're a bunch of people with differing views who, for one reason or another, have an interest in the Watchtower organization. Some of us grew up in it. Some of us have friends and relatives still in. Some of us are still in and want to leave but are afraid to begin that process because we don't want to be shunned by family and friends. And some of us are still in and are just starting to look at things in a new light. So, you'll meet all kinds here.

Having said that, many of us are glad you're here and hope you'll stick around.

Cabasilas (Brooklyn 73-75, WT Farms 75-76)

• yesidid
    yesidid
    wordy, ineffective, nearly pointless but filling pages.

Billy, you are usually right, but this time you are wrong.

Your post was concise, effective, and to the point.

I thank you for posting a strong but conciliatory argument.

yesidid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit