Watchtower is kicking people out again, in the name of LOVE?

by Bethelite Elder 119 Replies latest jw friends

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Cessa, welcome to the forum.

• Marmite
    Marmite

Hello Cessa and welcome.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Am I wrong for laughing?

I can clearly see in my minds eye that Bullshyt meeting with the 2 elders saying your needed in the field. I can feel the black brother's dichotomy of wondering why, after the same amount of time as a white brother, he doesn't get the special assignment (meaning some funds to help out) the white brother got, while that trust in jehovah bullshyt is trying to damp down his seething anger.

Getting out of bethel under the somewhat normal circumstances in which I left was hard (and this was 96 the somewhat times of good and plenty.)

• garybuss
    garybuss

Every time I dealt with Jehovah's Witness people I got screwed. Gee, what a surprise they're screwing the Bethelites over. Shocker! Who'd have ever seen this coming?

They all worked for the company that worked to split up my family. They got the job done. Gosh, I'm all broken hearted they're getting screwed over. Now ya know how we've been feeling. Don't like it do ya?

• ninja
    ninja

some more in the name of love?..........sounds like a U2 song

• Cessa
    Cessa

Gary, you are being unbelievably mean. Being very hurt should be all the more reason you shouldn't gloat at my pain. this is one of the reasons i've taken so long to speak here.

• mann377
    mann377

B.E................I know how the ones asked to leave feel. I will never forget the look on the faces of the construction workers back in 1974 when Knorr came to lunch one Wed. and said that the work was over they had two weeks to leave. There was one older couple that had been there about three years. They had sold everything and gone to Bethel, expecting 1975 to end all. I rode to the book study with them that night and he could hardly drive, they were so upset. So no money, no job, no home to go to and no future. I often wonder what happened to them.

Thank god I'm out!

• oompa
    oompa

sorry cessa....and welcome.....i missed your first post and will go back.......but cut us all some slack please.......sometimes things do not come across well on a single post........i have a good friend that was a bethel heavyweitht........way up there.....he has been kicked to the curb after 25 plus years.......he does not complain.....but he must be living in hell.........oompa

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Welcome, Cessa. I also welcomed you on the "440 Bethelites" thread...

We are glad you're here.

Love,
    Baba.

• onefootout
    onefootout

Welcome Cessa.

You have my sympathies definately. I am just waking up to a lifetime of decisions based on fabrications that I could never allow myself to realize till now. I can't imagine the hurt, anger, fear, uncertainty you are feeling. We know you are a victim in the same way 99.9% of the rest of the JW's are. The only ones I don't feel sorry for are the ones that know its crap and stay in to further benefit themselves. Gary's attitude is very much in the minority here. I look forward to getting to know you better. onefootout

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit