Watchtower is kicking people out again, in the name of LOVE?

by Bethelite Elder 119 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Jeez daniel-p, I can't believe I wasted so much time on a wordy post addressing a subject you clarified in, like, a few sentences. I suppose everybody can tell I was in Bethel way too long... wordy, ineffective, nearly pointless but filling pages.

Billy, my older brother is a perfect example of why I have no anger toward a Bethelite, elder, or circuit overseer who wakes up. He was at Bethel for 10 years. He used to be quite a self-righteous person, criticizing his fellow servants of Jehovah if he thought they weren't doing something by the WT book. However, despite this, he also has an incredibly soft heart. He would never, could never, inflict any kind of harm, emotional or otherwise, on anyone. He has such a soft heart, in fact, that he could never imagine that his superiors would knowingly do him harm. He's such an honest, regular, nice guy, that he doesn't live in a world with any other type of individual. So he gets taken advantage of. By friends, parents, and his WT superiors. He's being taken advantage of to this day, spending his life serving the organization as a company man.

He's a victim of victims. It's just one big damn circle of spiritual abuse. We've all been spiritually brutalized by this pharisaical organization disguised as a "brotherhood." It doesn't matter if you were an elder, a servant, a Bethelite, a CO, DO, an "edlerette," or even professed to be of the annointed. Hell, everyone seems to well-respect Ray Franz, and he was a farking GB member! I don't hear people like garybuss bitching about Ray Franz not doing more when he realized God had nothing to do with the WTS.

I'm already mourning the day when my brother realizes his whole life has been wasted serving a publishing corporation for the hope of Paradise. That will be a brutal realization. It's brutal for everyone. And so it doesn't irk me at all to have Bethelites coming here when it finally actually affects them. Because as trite as it sounds, we're all in it together.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Gary, I'd like to apologize for cursing at you. This is a very touchy subject for me, as I'm sure it may be for you as well. I wish you well.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    Gary, I'd like to apologize for cursing at you. This is a very touchy subject for me, as I'm sure it may be for you as well. I wish you well.

Daniel, you just became an even bigger man.

y

• ninja
    ninja

we all have our unique way of expressing our hurt and betrayal

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Good thing I didn't go to Beth Hell when I was hounded to. Everyone wanted me to go there, so I could eventually qualify for their Value Destroyer Training School once they no longer could use me in Beth Hell. At least I have a job and a place to stay--which is more than can be said if I would have gone to Beth Hell.

Plus, it is extra work for the witlesses if they want me back at all.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I'm sorry to feel this way (i don't care a shit about bethellites), because while they have this "bethellite" title

the only thing they care about is: 1) green handshakes, 2) invited to every party to their exaltation, 3) pick of the crop to the "bethel lover" (gals)

story: I know this one guy who went to university before bethel, was invited to bethel for his skills..... now that he's out and making tons of money

he still has enough balls (hypocrite) to speak in his talks about not to go to higher education! He advised my buddy to leave school to pioneer!

story #2: one bethellite guy (now died of cancer), basically took a girl (that I never dated, but worked hard for a year) away from me. all it took

was for her to go to a bethel tour, and be swept off her feet from the "golden boy".

I have many more stories (I live within 30 mile radius from Beth-hell)

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

my elders passed a resolution once to have the congregation pay the full expense trip to do a memorial talk to a

foreign contries branch president

• garybuss
    garybuss

I virtually was never a willing Witness. I always had a third party or force influence. At best I complied to conditioning. I tried the conform to receive acceptance game but grumpy Witnesses like my parents kept raising the bar.

I was raised a Witness, so I'm used to people not liking me. My church fired me, my family fired me, my doctor fired me, my garbage man even fired me. I'm used to being rejected and sworn at. I actually like swearing. Rejection can be good, it's an impelling motive to seek out new friends.

Basically when I hit a nerve the response from my critics are predictable. They only have three response choices. 1. They can attack me personally; 2. They can question my motives. or 3. They can question my sources.

I'm used to Jehovah's Witnesses swearing at me. No problem. Virtually no Jehovah's Witness sympathizers like me. I'm fine with that too. I don't have a dog in the fight:-)

My posts are on my posting history here. My outlook hasn't changed. I'm basically indifferent toward the Watch Tower Corporations. I haven't personally had any problems with the corporations, all my problems have been with the Witness people I know. I don't dislike every Witness in the world, just the ones I know who have been nasty and mean to me and the people important to me.

The problem I have with the Watch Tower Organization aggregate, is the environment the corporations maintain to nurture the people who advocate against my best interests. By reduction, the Watch Tower Corporation including the Jehovah's Witness people in abstract, are my enemies and I advocate to their detriment. I'm not a Jehovah's Witness sympathizer. I don't automatically fall in love with every Jehovah's Witness that quits associating with the Watch Tower Corporations. I view many as war criminals and I'd personally go after some of them if they ever left the protection of Watch Tower Legal.

I'm not trying to get Witnesses to leave the Watch Tower Corporation organization. I prefer they stay Witnesses.

I'll write some thoughts about Ray Franz. I've never met Ray. I've read two of his books, I've corresponded with him, and I've talked with him on the telephone.

I've written before that I had as many questions after I read Crisis Of Conscience as I had before I read the book . . . just different questions.

Reading the book initially in 1992 was soothing salve on my damaged psyche. Ray answered all the questions I had for the Jehovah's Witnesses that they refused to answer. The book also removed any lingering fear I had of the Jehovah's Witness people. My fear was replaced with contempt. My contempt extends to Witness sympathizers.

The things I like about Ray are: He uses his real name, he supports his story with names, dates, and documentation like the scans of the Mexico bribe scandal, and he's trying to make amends. Ray's on my good guy list because he's proven to me that he's a good guy.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

the only thing they care about is: 1) green handshakes, 2) invited to every party to their exaltation, 3) pick of the crop to the "bethel lover" (gals)

Sweeping generalizations. And for the record, we're talking about ex-Bethelites and soon-to-be ex-Bethelites.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Basically when I hit a nerve the response from my critics are predictable. They only have three response choices. 1. They can attack me personally; 2. They can question my motives. or 3. They can question my sources.

Gary, you're caught up in some kind of grandiose struggle of the ages or something. I'm not your enemy and I'm not your "critic." You said something very mean and insensitive, and it stems from what, I believe, is a completely mis-placed anger about what the WTS has done to you. In other words, since you've been hurt, you'll turn around and hurt others who have nothing to do with you. I hope you can fix that. The rest of what you're saying... well I don't know what you're talking about, and I think you may have lost your objectivity. I don't expect you to hear me, either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit