Watchtower is kicking people out again, in the name of LOVE?

by Bethelite Elder 119 Replies latest jw friends

• yesidid
    yesidid

Every time I dealt with Jehovah's Witness people I got screwed. Gee, what a surprise they're screwing the Bethelites over. Shocker! Who'd have ever seen this coming?

They all worked for the company that worked to split up my family. They got the job done. Gosh, I'm all broken hearted they're getting screwed over. Now ya know how we've been feeling. Don't like it do ya?

Gary,

To say that was insensitive is a great understatement.

The fact is: you are not the only victim!

Those now being thrown out of Bethel are no less victims than you.

Many of the Bethel outcasts are penniless and homeless. Are you?

Remember they believed and trusted just as much as you.

y

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Those of you new to the board may not be familiar with Gary, he doesn't mince words when it comes to how he feels about the organization. He calls it as he sees it. I find his outlook refreshingly honest.

No Apologies

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

I see Gary's point of view. So some were at Bethel for 10,15,20 years and now they are being kicked to the curb. How many of those Bethelites cared about the lowly ones NOT at Bethel getting kicked to the curb in those years? How many spoke up against their mis-treatment while they were at Bethel? If they were still at Bethel would they care about those not at Bethel? Ok, all those who have been asked to leave and are bitter let's hear how you spoke out against those NOT at Bethel being mis-treated.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Bethelite Elder: "Years ago, we had a Monday night lecture about avoiding the "Corporate Spirit". Well now that is one of their main problems, they run that place like big business. At least in the world, the companies often give you a severence package."

I remember that lecture vividly. Terms such as "human resources" were scorned. However, by the time I left I would have considered it a compliment to be called a "human resource". I really felt like I was somewhere between a doormat and a soapdish, and this despite a record of valuable service.

Since you mentioned "here at Patterson". When I saw Jose Mederos get totally burnt out and leave there, I knew something wasn't right. Bethel was supposed to be a spiritual paradise, and Patterson some sort of painted concrete "promised land". It wasn't. A bunch of others left there too, and that was before the big "Dinner To Go" Special Monday Night Program. Kind of made you wonder if the salad dressing was poisoned or something, huh?

Yeah, and like there is such a great need in the field? At a whopping 1.2% annual growth rate? What a crock!

For years I heard the passionate pleas from the likes of Dan Sydlik for us to stay in Bethel and make it our home. "We need to keep experienced, spiritual brothers and sisters. God's organization is growing and improving and we need your help."

The whole thing might be funny, if didn't (as Cessa so eloquently stated) "hurt like hell"!

Bethelite Elder: Are they really putting out the cancer victims? That is terrible even if they put out one of them. I thought it was terrible when the long-time Patterson commuter Betty Raymer got cancer and died because she had no money and no insurance... since Jehovah takes care of his servants. I knew of several of them at all three sites that were battling cancer when I left. Sh!t. That's total bullsh!t all over Watchtower if that's the case... and if this is really happening that they are "dismissing" cancer patients, I hope every one of the GB gets huge, disgusting, cancerous tumors all over their satanic bodies, such that onlookers recoil in horror at their sight, and every one of those sorry self-anointed nutjobs die in terrible pain from it all.

B the X

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

All of us on this forum are victims of the WBTS. We have just experienced it in different ways and after different lengths of time of being in the cult. Welcome to all the new people. Please feel free to share. We all understand.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Bronzefist,

What mistreatment by us wicked Bethelites are you speaking of? The only person I disfellowshipped had committed statutory rape and was promoting drug use to underage children. I saw to it that another molester had no chance at reinstatement for as long as possible. Should I apologize for "kicking them to the curb"? Shall I give them your address so that they can come and shack-up with you?

WT has survived because so many believers are good, loving people. They believe what they are being taught. When you were "in" did you believe that you were in a destructive cult designed to kick people to the curb? Why were you ever a part of it then?

Dude, I helped widows and orphans in their time of need. In spite of having little to no income, I contributed money that was used to rebuild homes in Florida and Texas after hurricanes. That was real. That is the part that I am proud of. I went down and helped rebuild homes after Katrina. Did you?

BTW, let me clear up the biggest lie that I've heard on this board. When I was down during Katrina rebuilding, WT didn't tell the homeowners they had to sign over all their insurance money to the org. They said that the owners would need money for furniture and other items that the building crews weren't providing. If the homeowners had money left that they wanted to donate, feel free. That message was repeated several times over the loudspeaker while I was down there. And you know what, Bronzefist? During the time I was down there, no other such organized construction crews were in sight. I worked on one nearly completed house in an area that was abandoned for blocks around. If anyone was told that they were supposed to cough up all their insurance money, it wasn't by Watchtower. I swear that I heard exactly what I say now... Watchtower never really expected any money from the victims, plenty of support was coming from Witnesses around the country and world. But of the homeowners that I knew, they had little insurance, or their company was not paying them anything, or they had no insurance an all. But we were still there working, fixing their homes. Some that I knew stayed down there for an entire year and lived off personal savings, money sent by friends and family up north, and by support from Watchtower.

That is the organization I supported. That was the kind of thing that kept me in the organization for the very last... but it wasn't enough.

Bronzefist, I'm sure it's very easy for you to read all the truly heartbreaking stories here and start believing that every Bethelite must be a wife-beating, child-molesting, puppy-kicker. But we're not. I had a roommate that was a mechanic and spent more time fixing cars of needy witnesses - for free - than he spent on anything personal. I knew hundreds more like him that were genuine, wonderful people. That is the people that have kept this organization alive. Now that we're treated like trash, are you going to trash us too?

I recommend that we all welcome them.

B the X

• yesidid
    yesidid

Thank you Billy, that was a great post to Bronzfest. I am sure that the things you pointed out are

things that either he or many others didn't know or just hadn't thought about.

yesidid

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Cessa

You wrote: "Being very hurt should be all the more reason you shouldn't gloat at my pain."

I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't even know you. This the only post in my life I've ever addressed to Cessa. My future posts here or anywhere are not addressed to you unless your alias is on the top of the post.

Do I understand that you were employed by the Watch Tower Corporation and now you're laid off? Sorry, but I don't feel sorry for ya. You worked for weasels, they're scum. Unless your daddy has BIG bucks or is a Corporation high up, it was predictable they'd screw ya. There's lots more gonna get nailed too.

I know for a fact that if you would have done a search on any library computer since 1995 for "Jehovah's Witnesses" you would have read all the dirty deals your bosses were pulling. Why'd ya stay if ya didn't agree with them?

So ya chose to work for a snake and he bit ya. Your buddies screwed over everybody who ever got in their way. You just got in their way. And it's about money!

I walked away from the Witness people when I was 30. I was broke and in debt. I got a business education, ran a business, invested, worked and planned to get old, get sick, and die. I buried a wife because I followed your Watch Tower buddies' stupid advise. I've been pushed, shoved, snubbed, shunned, cheated in business, and slandered by Jehovah's Witnesses and I'm still shunned by my mother, my son, and my brother.

There's a very good chance that I'm not gonna be in a very good mood about the Jehovah's Witnesses any time soon.

It's okay if you want to be pissed at me. It'll help ya recover quicker than if you stay in sadness. Getting pissed at somebody like me is safe for you, I won't care, and it'll probably get ya talking or posting, and that's the start of a good purge. Professional counseling helped me and quite a few other exiting Jehovah's Witnesses I know. When we have a big setback like you've had, we go into grief and that's good. But there's a progression through the grief cycle and it's not good to get stuck. Our challenges are not unusual. They're called post exit syndrome. They're suffered by almost everyone who was in prison or institutionalized like us. Look on Lady Lee's history. Good stuff there.

I'm very open to helping individuals who ask me. My contact information is on Freeminds. I post using my real name. I'm not open to helping the Watch Tower Corporation or current employees who assist in the crimes being committed in the name of religion on people important to me. I'm on the other side there.

If ya want to get away from the Watch Tower Corporation and away from the Witness people, and I can help, please contact me.

• juni
    juni

Good evening Gary. Well put. Amen. Juni :)

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Billy, Actually I served in the Peace Corps as a volunteer for two years in Guyana. I also remodel homes and have helped Habitat for Humanity build 6 homes in the Midwest. Met the Carters once... they are very down to earth people. As to why I came into the organization..well I fought it for 13 years until my wife and a "brother" were f'ing each other at a DC. My daughter was molested by an MS and because he was friends with the BOE no one believed my daughter. In fact they threatened to DF her for slander if she brought it up again. I have seen "friends" that were losing everything and were given zero help by the local elders because the were not regular at ALL the meetings.. One sister did not have a working refridgerator...since it was winter the elders told her to put the food outside and get a better job. The Congregation just spent over $100,000 on a KH remodel when all that was needed was a new carpet. Many friends in this area have been laid off, and the elders tell them to hang in there Jehovah will provide. Same elders that are spending thousands to go to the international Convention. People FLOCK to Bethel as if they were going to the Vatican to see the Pope. What's all this crap about keeping your eye simply again? This organization is all about how high you are up on the ladder. Anyone who stays at Bethel with blinders on..not seeing the hypocrisy until they are let go should just move on to another congregation and be treated as "special ones" once again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit