so they never claimed to be an inspired prophet?

by ninja 189 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Jesus' warning about false prophets are clear and unmistakable.

Luke 21:8 (King James Version)

And he said,Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am [Christ]; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

...for many shall come in my name, saying, I am [Christ]:

Watchtower 1991 February 15 pp.15-20 "You Were Bought With a Price"

8 Hence, the ransom sacrifice is fundamental to the new covenant, of which Jesus is the Mediator. Paul wrote: "There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all-this is what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times." (1 Timothy 2:5, 6) Those words especially apply to the 144,000, with whom the new covenant is made.

[...]

11 Nevertheless, in a preliminary way, the great crowd have already "washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." (Revelation 7:14) Christ does not act as Mediator of the new covenant toward them, yet they benefit from this covenant through the work of God's Kingdom.

We are your Mediators, says the WTS. Not the Χριστóς, Christ (Greek for the Messiah, the anointed one).

and the time draweth near

These are the years that the WTS said that "the time draweth near":

1877 1921

1878 1922

1879 1923

1880 1924

1881 1925

1882 1926

1883 1927

1884 1928

1885 1929

1886 1930

1887 1931

1888 1935

1889 1938

1890 1939

1891 1940

1892 1941

1893 1942

1894 1943

1895 1944

1896 1946

1897 1951

1898 1955

1899 1961

1900 1963

1901 1966

1902 1968

1903 1969

1904 1971

1905 1972

1906 1974

1907 1975

1908 1977

1909 1979

1910 1980

1911 1982

1912 1984

1913 1986

1914 1989

1915 1992

Jesus cautions us about frauds like the WTS. They have committed the very actions that Luke 21:8 warns us against.

"Go ye not therefore after them." They are truly 'spirit-directed'...

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"I am a Jehovah's Witness that fully follows the Bible, but accepts the direction of the leaders in my religion."

ONE is your leader - Christ AS THE BIBLE SAYS. So you do NOT fully follow the Bible. Who are these other "leaders"?????

You DO NOt ACCEPT THE DIRECTION OF THE LEADERS ( and you say the Watchtower and Awake are TOOLS of your LEADERS) or you would not even waste electricity posting here.

You are a liar and a FRAUD.

HB

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    and dont shun me if I diasgree with you :)

Ha…!! Notice I didn’t answer you……

So are we not to be impressed with the societies prediction about the date 1914 and the end of the ‘appointed time of the nations’ anymore…..????

or does that still prove that they are ‘true prophets’…??? Mmmmmm…….

If wrong dates don’t prove they are ‘false prophets’ (god knows why not) then surely apparent true dates don’t count for much either….

And if we don’t give a fuck about 1914 then how do they prove they are ‘the approved of god’…???

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi majorie the contest of the scripture clearly shows they are saying they are jesus christ himself not just annointed. thats if I take your edited version of the scripture you quote.

Luke 21:8 (New International Version)

8 He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them.

Jesus name is Jesus, christ is his title.

Matthew 1:21
    She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

Acts 10:48
    So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.

by your definition the one who wrote the following is a false prophet

2 Corinthians 1:21
    Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us,

Christ does mean messiah annointed one but Jesus is THE anointed one, like Jehovah is the true God. the context of the scripture you quote points to people saying they are Jesus christ himself coming not just lesser anointed otherwise paul is procliaming himself a false prophet in the above scripture by your generalisation.

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Oh Reniaa, when I tried to read your post, this is what came up:

"Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request."

• reniaa
    reniaa

i'll try and repost

hi majorie the contest of the scripture clearly shows they are saying they are jesus christ himself not just annointed. thats if I take your edited version of the scripture you quote.

Luke 21:8 (New International Version)

8 He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them.

Jesus name is Jesus, christ is his title.

Matthew 1:21
    She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

Acts 10:48
    So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.

by your definition the one who wrote the following is a false prophet

2 Corinthians 1:21
    Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us,

Christ does mean messiah annointed one but Jesus is THE anointed one, like Jehovah is the true God. the context of the scripture you quote points to people saying they are Jesus christ himself coming not just lesser anointed otherwise paul is proclaiming himself a false prophet in the above scripture by your generalisation.

can I for the last time reiterate that dates for EXISTING bible prophecy has yet to be proved by this thread to be prophecy in itself quite the contrary. Foolishness yes but not condemned. False prophecy is condemned and unless your saying armageddon etc is false prophecy then this doesn't apply.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Remember the "follow the Christ A$$embly where the FDS is "trusted by Jesus and Jehovah??"

In the NWT it says many will come on the BASIS OF MY NAME saying "I am the Christ" Since the "Slave " is a "class" or group of people it is only reasonable to assume on the basis of their translation that those saying they are "the Christ" ( greek: Christos = "annointed") are a class or group.

Putting the two together we see that those claiming to be "the FDS" are the same as those that Jesus condemns in Luke 12 as "the evil steward class" as well as the FALSE christs of Luke 21: 8.

Considering that the NWT has been hailed as the BEST and most accurate translation, I am amazed that the NIV is being used to usuccessfully prove anything.

HB

• reniaa
    reniaa

erm hamster???

NWT Luke 21: 8 He said: “Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them.

NWT version. this says he as well?

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Reniaa, the WTS are saying they are the Mediators of mankind. Therefore, they are effectively saying I am [Christ].

And they have continually cried "the time draweth near."

Jesus said not to be deceived by such people. He said "go ye not therefore after them."

It cannot be any plainer. Any other reasoning is twisted and unscriptural.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"Who really is the faithful and discrete slave - truly his master on arriving will appoint HIM "(not THEM)

Here WT literature says the personal pronoun HIM means MANY individuals: the slave "CLASS". Why shouldn't the pronoun "HE" in "I am he" mean a "CLASS" in the same way?

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit