No One Should Be Made to Choose…..LIES from July 09 Awake

by Hopscotch 216 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Choose, thats what its all about when your a jw.....choose that you may keep living.....its sad really, there are no real choices but one

the jw way....

hope4others

• annalice
    annalice

I love how they say a husband and wife should still stay together even though they have different religeous beliefs. I left the JW's before my husband did,and for years his family would send him letters encouraging him to break free from me. Nice loving witnesses they are.

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Here's My email I sent to my brother. It's probably more in the hope that he will be troubled by their blatant hypocrisy rather than resuming his "relationship" with me. Hi Paul,

I do hope you and the family are doing okay.
    Further to my last email I sent you regarding your "shunning" policy towards me, I was stunned when I read the latest Awake! magazine of July 2009. I wonder if you have read it and what do you think of it?

I know that you make it a practice to read the mags when they come out so I hope you will be aware of the content of this issue.
    If not I've taken the liberty of quoting directly from the relevant section of the article below.

Awake July 2009 page 29,
    "Although the Bible makes a clear distinction between true and false teachings, God allows each person the freedom to choose how he or she will respond (Duet 30 :19,20) No one should be forced to worship in a way that he . finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and family. Does the study of the Bible lead to family break-up? No. In fact the Bible encourages a husband and wife who practice different religions to remain together. 1Cor 7:12,13."

Do you see the point this article is making Paul?

This is food from "Jehovah's table" from the "faithful slave" remember you are obligated to listen to it as you would the voice of God.

"God allows people the freedom to choose how to respond". Are you allowing me the God-given right to choose, Paul? "No one should be forced to worship in a way that he . finds unacceptable" Are you and your Witness brothers abiding by this direction from the Governing Body?
    I found it unacceptable to worship in the way I was. Yet you by your actions tried to "force me" to worship in the way YOU find acceptable by testifying against me and having me removed and now shunning me.

"No one should be forced to choose between his beliefs and family."

Do you see the stunning truth of this statement Paul? Have I been "forced" to choose between my beliefs and my family?

The answer is an unequivocal yes. You said that you and your family will have nothing to do with us because "We don't know what you believe anymore" This amazingly was before I was even disfellowshipped!
    So you were prepared to MAKE me choose between my family and JW beliefs and have enforced that position ever since.

The point is this:- is your organisation now saying in public that you practice tolerance to people and DO NOT force people to conform and give them the God-given freedom to choose what to believe without LOSING THEIR FAMILY?

Is there a double standard where you have two weeks of Watchtower studies instructing you how to treat/mistreat disfellowshipped people while the latest Awake! preaches a benign message of freedom and religious tolerance to all?

If this is new light from God then I will happily look forward to our family being reunited since we are a God fearing Christian family who just happen to have different beliefs to you. Should it be a problem Paul ,if you follow the advice from the Governing Body?

If it's not new light and indeed what is purely for public consumption through the pages of the Awake! then I'm afraid the title of the magazine does not apply to you.

Warm Christian love,
    Your dear brother,
    Matthew.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Good letter Matt and a "G" for use of questions. Lets hope your brother responds positively. If you don't get an answer, you'll at least have made him think about what he's doing.

Let us know if it does and good won't you?

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Thanks Boyzone! Lol for the ministry school vibe there.

I don't really expect a reply but you never know eh? I will keep you posted with any developments.

H.K.

• dogon
    dogon

It should not surprise anyone that the society is hypocritical. They have used what ever is best for them at that instant.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I just got off phone with my mom who confirmed that 2 weeks ago they studied the appendix on how to treat daed/dfed person and it was very strict. When I read her this awake she didn’t seem to make any connection. She said "So, whats wrong with that?" I asked her how she justify my exJW's kids and exwife shunning him in light of this statement. She said "oh, well I won’t get involved with that." I told her it seems like they are printing one article to look good to the public while another reality is actually present.

I think that most JWs are dead in their thinking....sompletely dronelike and won't even see this article as anything not on pablum. It will only have an effect on someone already questioning. Bear in mind my mom is not a diehard- she is only a follower of my dad, who is a diehard. She lets me talk to her about anything.

• dogon
    dogon

by the way, Jesus is a myth and not deserving of my devotion. IMO. I use the F word next to Jesus every day as I work in profanity as some work in paints. As in Jesus Fing christ when something makes me ticked. Like when the dubbers knock first thing I yell is Jesus fing christ who the hell is at the jesus fing door?

• rutheeker
    rutheeker

excellent letter!!!

• Colton
    Colton

WOW!

There's no problem for outsiders to join the Watchtower, but for a Jehovah's Witness to check out another religion is an automatic disassociation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit