No One Should Be Made to Choose…..LIES from July 09 Awake

by Hopscotch 216 Replies latest watchtower bible

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Guys, anyone who says they need to shun family members who have decided to change religion can be shown this article. Tell me it won't have an affect.

Read the whole article.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

They wont be able to deflect it back by asking "yeah, but how old is the article ?" I think the fact its about 5 minutes old, means it steps out way in front of any other article they may want to refer BACK to. This is CURRENT information from the SLAVE.....the Channel / mouthpiece of God.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ iknowall - exactly. Jehovah's Witnesses are now taught that no one - including them - should have to choose between their beliefs and their family. This is impossible to wiggle out of unless the JWs in question actually want to reject their family members who have different beliefs from them or who are disfellowshipped.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

But it's talking about every other religion but the true one! You know how this works pp. One rule for them and one for us.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Guys, anyone who says they need to shun family members who have decided to change religion can be shown this article.

Dub response; "It only applies to people coming out 'false religion' and who are studying the Bible with 'Jehovahs Organisation'. You can't apply this to us, we already have the Truth"

Tell me it won't have an affect.

It won't have an effect. Sorry.

Nic'

• undercover
    undercover
    Dub response; "It only applies to people coming out 'false religion' and who are studying the Bible with 'Jehovahs Organisation'. You can't apply this to us, we already have the Truth"

That will be the response of a lot of dubs. Many will read this from the narrative of being the one wishing to study with JWs only to be harrassed by family members.

But, if we're on speaking terms with our JW family, we can use this article to show that it works both ways. Yes, people who want to leave Catholics behind should have the right to do so. In return JWs who want to leave should also have the right and that shunning someone because they choose to do so goes against the rights that this article purports as God given.

Will it cause mass exodus or great quantities of dubs to suddenly start associating with DFd family members? No, probably not,...there will be some die-hard JWs who will not see it, but I think that many family members who are torn between loyalty to the bOrg and keeping family ties together, will see this as an oppurtunity to form their own decision on how they will treat family members who have left the religion.

It's not a shift in doctrine or practice but it is a shooting of oneself in the foot and leaving room for people to form their own practice and opinion against the formal position of the Society.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I have another thought. In the past 12 months the WBTS have attracted the attention of family welfare charities. Perhaps this is a public relations exercise so when the society are asked about the effect the have on families, they can supply a copy of this article?

"Oh no, we don't force anyone to do anything".

• undercover
    undercover

MM...

Just as I posted, it crossed my mind that maybe this article was a public relations bit as well but it's too easy to pull up the dozens of other quotes to show how they don't practice what they preach in this article. But it is a possibility...

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The Welfare people should be shown hard copy of the Kingdumb Misery and the Witchtower studies directing faithful dubs to cut off contact from their family as far as possible.

HB

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I'm gobsmacked - nevertheless, I don't think active JWs actually 'take anything in', whatever is printed in a WT/Awake is unquestionable fact. And as another poster pointed out - this does not apply to them, as they have the Truth - but only to false religion (which is every other religion in existence, as any good JW knows, lol)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit