No One Should Be Made to Choose…..LIES from July 09 Awake

by Hopscotch 216 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

The following quote is taken from the article “Is it Wrong to Change Your Religion?” in the July 2009 Awake p29: “No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family.” This article and specifically this LIE make me want to scream. It is only 4 months since I was given an ultimatum - return to JWs or my family will cut me off. I had to make this choice – my beliefs or my family. I chose my beliefs (that the WTS is wrong) and have now lost my family. How can they publish these blatant lies? To become a JW you often have to make a choice between your family and becoming a JW – done under the guise of ‘Satanic persecution’ from your family. Then if you become a JW and finally discover their beliefs and organization to be the falsehoods they are – you have to make a choice. Do you stay quiet, go along like a robot and pretend (being forced to worship in a way you find unacceptable) or make your decision known at the cost of losing your JW family (being made to choose between your beliefs and your family). Hopscotch

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

The barefaced cheek! It almost makes me wonder if someone had written that with a deliberate intention of irony.

• carla
    carla

anybody have a scan?

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Hopscotch

WOW, I just made exact same point couple hours ago on another board! Didn't know about the Awake article, I will have to find it :) How ironic is that they will tell others that others shouldn't have to be forced to between a religion and family when WTS does exactly that! What f@!%#n hypocrates!! They must be right because as todays WT points out, GB is trusted by Jehovah and Jesus. lol

• Blueeyes54
    Blueeyes54

Jesus said to watch out for the leaven of the Pharisees. That leaven was hypocrisy. When those who profess truth under Jehovah's name practice hypocrisy, they are "evil slave". (Matt. 24:48-51) Jesus condemed the elders in his day for their lies and yet they served close to thirty-years more before their demise. Time is running out quickly for those today that fit the same pattern of worship. Matt. chp. 23, they put themselves in the seat of Moses. Anyone who disagrees with them is worthy of the death of Korah. It's worse if you have concrete well-researched proof. I respond to the sites that can prove what they are exposing.

• loosie
    loosie

WOW. Does anyone have a scan of the article? I would like to have it so I can use that in my defense when I reveal to my friends that I don't go to meetings anymore.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

I do have a scan of this article but I don't know how to post it. Do I need to upload the scan to a photo hosting site first? Can anyone point me in the right direction with this. Hopscotch

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yes... anyone who is able please post a scan.

Thanks!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Hi, yes, you need to upload it to Photobucket or similar site and then paste it into a post here.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Ok Here is the scan of the article. I'm new to doing this on here so hope it works. The quote is on the second page of the article, last paragraph in the left hand column. Hopscotch [IMG]http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu148/hopscotch_09/July09Awake001.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu148/hopscotch_09/July09Awake002.jpg[/IMG]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit