No One Should Be Made to Choose…..LIES from July 09 Awake

by Hopscotch 216 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Just wondering if there is any feedback from anyone who discussed or showed this article to their JW relatives?

It obviously didn't have any impact on my family as they still have not contacted or spoken to me since January.

Hopscotch

• bohm
    bohm

Im also interested in hopscotch question..

• fokyc
    fokyc

I have just read the article and asked Sister Fokyc about it!

The article is very clear: It is OK for anyone to change from their religion to becoming a Jehovah's Witness,

BECAUSE: "The Jehovah's Witnesses are the ONLY people to have the correct understanding of the Bible,

their version of course!

The article in no way considers the change for a Jehovah's Witness to become anything else other than an Apostate.

Therefore you are then going to be outcast or shunned, IF you have the temerity to cease to believe the Witnesses are infallible and the only ones with the truth of the Bible.

fokyc

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

I thought that would be the case fokyc.

It seems that the 'no one' that should be made to choose should really read 'no one who is not a Jehovah's Witness should be made to choose'.

Hypocrites.

Hopscotch

• homeschool
  • AwSnap
    AwSnap

Hi. I mentioned this to a jw & they said it only applies to those who haven't already made a dedication to Jehovah. Without trying to sound "apostate-like", I asked why it doesn't mention that in the article? Why don't they mention that to householders, who probably read that mag & think how open minded the witnesses are.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Okay, it's been a good 5 months since the start of this thread and I too am wondering what, if any, impact this magazine had for faders and inactives. I was described as negative earlier in the summer although, truthfully, I think I was just being honest and realistic. It's only human to get excited at the idea that 'changes' are on the way - I wouldn't want to dishearten anyone, changes WILL come!

Articles like this won't make that change, it will happen through the actions of many good people who are working very hard to break the Watchtowers grip. And it will happen when the current stream of those who leave the Kingdom Hall becomes an unstoppable cascade.

Be strong.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovah`s Witnesses should be in the Guinness book of records for double/speak... hypocricy....Their published record (in print ) over the last 130+ years of contradictions ,backtracking.about face,hypocricy,surely is without precedent in the history of the printed page. AND IT`S THEIR.... FOR ANY HONEST HEARTED PERSON TO SEE IN THEIR OWN PUBLICATIONS OF THE WB&TS

smiddy

• Frank75
    Frank75

Just a few additions to what has already been said.

I talked to an inactive dub the other night. He said there is "a lot of controversy by people taking the article out of context." I read him the 2 quotes, "Cannot be wrong to change religion" and "not making one choose between religion and family" and asked for the lacking context that would bring those principles into clearer focus. He admitted it seemed straight forward to him.

This article will not make any difference for "inactive guy" or the majority. The WT has blatant contradictions IN the same STUDY articles, let alone hidden away in the Awake that no self respecting JW reads anyway! These contradictions are all placed in the JW closet of doubt.

Many who are hard core dubs have long ago painted themselves into a corner. They can't leave, they have invested far too much in it and it has become their identity. Even the bankruptcy and dissolution of WT would make them believe the end is closer still.

That being said there are some nice fringe benefits for those who still talk to us. It is a mirror that may one day have an effect or push others over the edge as one did for me.

There were many articles that hit me sideways, but the one that made me leave was very minor. Too long a post for here, but if I told you most would laugh. It was just part of my awakening and the straw that broke it.

On a positive note, the thing the article does have going for it, is that it is new/fresh. I don't know about others here, but showing a similar article from the 60's or 70's often can't rise to the standard needed to shake someone who believes "the truth gets brighter".

Frank75

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

(((Hopscotch)))

A case of "conditional" love is not really about choice or free will, is it?

I mean, can your family only love you if you are a jw??? Believe it or not, your family is under as much pressure to conform as you are.

"Come back to the organization or lose your loved ones" sounds more like an ultimatum than love.

Glad to hear you are being true to yourself.

Hugs

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit