No One Should Be Made to Choose…..LIES from July 09 Awake

by Hopscotch 216 Replies latest watchtower bible

• StAnn
    StAnn

PP, I'm anxious to know how your dad responds.

Drew, re: the physical isolation of cult members, the WTS has isolated the Dubs physically in many ways. They can't associate with friends and relatives who aren't Dubs. They encourage them to work for themselves so they can pioneer. They can work/go to school with worldly people but shouldn't go to lunch with them or otherwise associate with them unnecessarily. They're not even allowing the Dubs to come together for picnics or Bible studies. It's not as if they're living together in one building but there is quite a lot of physical isolation.

St. Ann

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ STAnn;

Like Besty's MIL, he says he hasn't seen the article yet. He tried to dismiss the quote as coming from a "life story" type article, to which I pointed out the article is called "The Bible's Viewpoint - Is it Wrong to Change My Religion".

He says that I should write to the Org, but I told him that my name will be on their database as DFd and that they won't enter into correspondence. I eventually got him to agree to look a bit further into it once the article arrives.

I'm not leaving this one alone; there's no two ways about it; JWs are being given license to have relationship with DAd family members. Whether they choose to accept this choice is up to them and will, ultimately, reveal a great deal about them as people.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

erm... how are they going to get round this one when disfellowshipped family members quote this at their families? - because to me the term "no one" is all encompassing

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I agree. This entire article is massive for all of us who are being shunned and rejected by our families for choosing to change religion. I cannot possibly see how any reasonable person won't be affected by this.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I agree. This entire article is massive for all of us who are being shunned and rejected by our families for choosing to change religion. I cannot possibly see how any reasonable person won't be affected by this.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

This is amazing. Great find, thanks for the scan, and bookmarked!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

C'mon pp, this is not massive at all. As pissed as I was to read another piece of hypocritical, duplicitous propaganda I know (and in your heart you know it too) that this particular piece of bullcrap will just drift into the sewer of the Society's past like so many Watchtower turds before it.

Nic'

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Yes I know what you are saying, Nic, but what will the FAMILIES say to defend their shunning practice now? This really might help repair the bridge with some who think they are doing the right thing...

• undercover
    undercover

It may not be massive, but it's more than just the usual WT turd.

This is a pretty big turd...it's going to clog the toilet for awhile before it gets flushed on out of the system.

Methinks that some people will get shit smeared all over them before they get it unclogged...

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    but what will the FAMILIES say to defend their shunning practice now?

They will only have to pull out a differen't WT that tells them why it's scriptural to shun. You may be able to connect pont A to point B, but a brain-washed dub will not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit