No One Should Be Made to Choose…..LIES from July 09 Awake

by Hopscotch 216 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sspo
    sspo

Send a letter to the writing committee and see what kind of response they give concerning what they wrote

and how family behave toward those that don't have faith anymore.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This is gold I can't wait tp show this to the wife

• whereami
    whereami

I wouldn't believe it, if I didn't just see it!!!

Truly incredible.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

This isn't new. There is a very similar farttickle in the June 1, 1988 WT.

"However, many people feel that changing one’s religion is a different matter. Strong fears come into play. There is the fear of starting down an unfamiliar path. Mrs. Tachi, who studied the Bible with Jehovah’s Witnesses, expressed herself this way: “A lot of the people I know have doubts about religion and its emphasis on money. But all we have known and seen from youth on are the religious festivals and customs. We don’t think much about the spiritual meaning of the hoji [the periodical Buddhist memorial service on behalf of a deceased person]. We think more of the hoji as a happy time to be with relatives and neighbors. The thought of giving all of that up, or worse yet, being ousted by the family frightened me.” This feeling about religion is probably shared by people in your locality."

Oh really!!!!! That wouldn't happen in a kingdum bleedin hall now, would it????? The good thing about this new article is that it is current and it is in the public domain. Make the most of it. Keep a copy to slap the buggers around with if they get a bit stroppy. Cheers Chris

• oompa
    oompa

the very for public Awake can say this......but not the private jw WT...............oompa

so few read the WT anymore....i wonder how many even open the Awake?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Typical JW doublespeak. Their standards only apply to other religions. That's the way it's always been.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Black Sheep, this article is a bit differant from the one you quote.

In the 88 article it is a person speaking through their own voice. Yes it is used by the WT to convey somewhat the same point but in the current article it is direct Watchtower language that is not hidden behind quotes from members. To my knowledge this new article is more brazen than anything I've seen the Watchtower publish in rescent years.

• undercover
    undercover

September 15th, 2009 Watchtower - Questions from Readers that you will notsee:

In the July 09 Awake! magazine in the article "Is it Wrong to Change Your Religion", it is pointed out that "no one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his faith and his family". Why does this not apply to individual Jehovah's Witnesses who no longer find the Watchtower teachings acceptable? Why is it that if a Witness announces his desire to change religions, he is disfellowshipped (excommunicated) for apostacy? Why is that his family members who remain Witnesses must shun him? Does this statement only apply to people who wish to leave other religions and join yours but not apply to your own membership if they wish to leave?

• Warlock
    Warlock

I choose..................MARY.

Warlock

• boyzone
    boyzone

This is the most appalling hypocrisy

This is what was studied at the meeting 2 weeks ago.

In other cases, the disfellowshipped relative may be living outside the immediate family circle and home. Although there might be a need for limited contact on some rare occasion to care for a necessary family matter, any such contact should be kept to a minimum. Loyal Christian family members do not look for excuses to have dealings with a disfellowshipped relative not living at home. Rather, loyalty to Jehovah and his organization moves them to uphold the Scriptural arrangement of disfellowshipping. Their loyal course has the best interests of the wrongdoer at heart and may help him to benefit from the discipline received.-Hebrews 12:11.

Yet they have the bloody nerve to print... "No-one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family."

Just when I think my disgust of this Org can't get any deeper.....

Is anybody here that are being shunned by family members going to use this article? Mr Flipper?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit