Are we equal...?

by DannyBear 118 Replies latest jw friends

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Farkel,

The proof has been posted. It's time for your explaination. I can't wait. Will you please tell us what Alan meant since he refuses to do so and you know his mind so well.

Seeker,

You said:

Name-calling is wrong in my book, and evidently in yours as well. My complaint has to do with attacks on other aspects of their behavior, their style. Not the name-calling, which I don't like and say so.
    How obvious is it? The name-calling is Alan's style. That is all I have seen. That's all we have to go on lately. I don't see any deep posts of Alan showing a concern for anyone but himself and a few of his friends. If you say we should just accept that kind of verbal abuse as his style then I say you are sorely mistaken sir. As long as I am around and I see that kind of arrogant, self-righteous bullying I will step in and call them on it. If you choose to stand up for the character of someone like that then expect the recieve some of the same medicine. Reminds me of a line from Lonesome Dove. "You ride with 'em....You die with 'em."
    Please don't take that as a threat. It was illustrating the point that if you call a bully a friend you automatically call everyone that he abuses an enemy.

TimB

• Seeker
    Seeker

tyydyy,

The name-calling is Alan's style. That is all I have seen. That's all we have to go on lately. I don't see any deep posts of Alan showing a concern for anyone but himself and a few of his friends.
    I have seen some, so maybe we are looking at different posts. It's true, he doesn't spend as much time here as he used to (somewhere, jukief just said, "Yessss!!!"), and it's true that much of his time is now spent defending himself from criticism. But he still contributes.

If you say we should just accept that kind of verbal abuse as his style then I say you are sorely mistaken sir.
    As are you for thinking this is my position. sigh. I don't know how much clearer I can get than this: I don't like it when Alan resorts to name-calling. OK? Are we clear?

As long as I am around and I see that kind of arrogant, self-righteous bullying I will step in and call them on it.
    Go ahead. Won't do a bit of good, but it's your right, and I have said so.

If you choose to stand up for the character of someone like that then expect the recieve some of the same medicine. Reminds me of a line from Lonesome Dove. "You ride with 'em....You die with 'em."
    Please don't take that as a threat. It was illustrating the point that if you call a bully a friend you automatically call everyone that he abuses an enemy.
    LOL, I have no enemies. If someone wants to view me as their enemy, that is their right, but don't expect me to take it seriously. This is just a place for me to have fun nowadays, and I won't let anyone take that from me. Nobody has any power over me but me. But if you wish to attack me too, go right ahead and knock yourself out. I'd rather not play that game any more though. Been there, done that, am moving on.
  • Norm
    Norm

Prisca,

Sure Kent, Norm, Jan, and Alan have written and researched alot. That's great. But that doesn't make them any more worthy of respect than the sngle mothers on this board who are struggling to raise their children alone whilst dealing with post-Borg issues.
    Prisca, could you please tell me who have said that we are more "worthy" then anyone else? Where the hell have you got that idea?

Have you ever stopped to think about that? What are you ranting about?

Norm.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Here we go again with the word ATTACK! Geesh! Don't you guys know any other words? I did not attack anyone. I will not attack anyone. If I attacked anyone they would be in the hospital and I would probably be in jail. I do not attack. I disagree. When I say enemy, I mean in the sense that we have become polarized by the differing viewpoints on being friends with someone who uses those tactics. It's ok if you're ok with that. I don't mind.

TimB

• seven006
    seven006

After a three month hiatus I have returned to this board and started posting again. I have to admit, it was a big mistake. Some things never change. The little flame wars and cluster bomb fuck you's are just a little hard for me to deal with. All you who love to hand out a crying towel when some gave this same speech can start with those little remarks now. The indifference's toward another human being by those who say such things is the same indifference that stains the walls of this forum. Say you don't give a rats ass or couldn't care less and you will once again show how tough you have actually become. I say good for you, if feeling tough is your goal in life you have once again accomplished that and you should be proud of yourselves in that regard. This comment is only meant for those who have said such things not for the general populous here.

I have to say the back breaking straw was seeing Lilacs who doesn't have an angry bone in her body finally tell someone to fuck off. If the people on this board can push a woman like her to feel an emotion like that and say something I think is extremely out of character for her, than this place holds little benefit for a newly outed JW to find comfort and a tiny bit of hope. You may say that that is not this boards job and your right, but keeping some kind of overall thought in that direction would be nice.

I realize it is not the fault of the board but more the inability for people to have the common curtesy to just say something in a nice manner even if they are a little pissed off and do not completely agree with something that is said. Your use of total freedom in regard to freedom of speech has been misused and abused. The sadist thing "is" for those who are newly out of the JW religion finding this site and hoping it might ease their pain a little. After reading some of the abusive things said back and forth in the last two days I can see where someone might think the JW religion in a better light which they certainly do not deserve. Some negate the hard work that many have done to expose the religion and some who have done that work have wiped out it's positive effects by joining in and feeding the fire. If a few more can grasp the thought of it's not always "what you say" but "how you say it" that counts I think a lot of this bullshit would cease to exist.

I am not going to point any fingers because there are those few here do that so well. I refuse to be considered anything but what and who I am purely based on my caring and love for friends that I have come to know here. I refuse to choose sides and plant any kind of flag on any one side. That concept of choosing sides taught to us by our former religion seems to still be deeply ingrained in several on this board. I am not going to take the chance of upsetting friends that I have made to embrace potential friends that I have just met. That forced position is just a damn shame but I guess you can't have your cake and choke on it too. There is only one winner when days and threads like these happen and that is the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. They read the comments made by us and they pat themselves on the back and say "we told you so." I want no part of making that religion have even the slightest feeling of victory or confidence in their warped perception of what life is all about.

I do not blame the board or Simon for these thoughts. I can't believe the man has been able to see so many of these things get to the point they have and still want to continue on. He is a saint in the true sense of the word. Like in any war the veterans tend not to try and get to know the new people because they fear they will be gone soon or they are just not worth the effort so why bother. That my friends is bullshit. Each and every new person who finds this board deserves a chance. Those who blatantly use this board to taunt and disrupt by knowingly making pro JW comments that only try to feed their frail egos and deep seated insecurities deserve their lonely places in life that they posses. I don't know why so many still respond to their obvious mental masturbation.

Looking at the big picture and seeing the many different posters from around the world that share a common bond is a wonderful concept to think about and experience. But, the miscommunication and inability to completely understand the various senses of humor and English language nuances has proven to be more of a detriment than a thing to marvel at. Misunderstandings become hurtful and rebuttals become ugly. This is not all the fault of the communication differences but more of the climate of pain that is shared but too rarely understood. Understanding is what, in theory brings us together here, but the refusal to take it to the next step and cut a few a little slack as they learn and grow is what is tearing it apart.

For the most part this board has the potential to do incredibly good things, but the infancy of this medium has not worked the kinks out and for now it tends to cause problems such as what we have recently seen. When it gets right down to it a little kindness can go a long way in speeding up the process. That concept seems to keep slipping between the cracks of some pretty high walls that have been constructed in other places and transplanted here. That is a shame, and it's stupid.

Here is one very simple thought to keep in mind. The old posters and researchers are not elitist assholes with delusions of being JW.com district overseers. Also, new posters are not boneheaded fluff mongers with noting more to contribute than a few stupid blond jokes. If you guys could try and say what you say and keep out the unnecessary cutting and reactive bullshit you might be surprised how well you would get along and how more effective your important comments would be accepted.

This, he started it, she started it, she said he said, cut and paste in quotations marks old bullshit statements crap is unbelievable. Some of you act like little kids. I can just see the watchtower drone who is assigned to read and report on this particular thread laughing his ass off as he cut's and pastes each and every cutting remark into his "ungodly exJW hate mongers" file. What really bugs the hell out of me is some of my closest friends and people I think very highly of are all right in the middle of it. If each and every one of you backed the hell up put aside your preconceived notions about each other you might be able to see each other as I do. I don't need big JC in my life for me to say I love all you guys for the good that I see in each of you. If you all want to concentrate on the bad you perceive in each other than knock yourselves out. I'm just getting real tired of this shit. But again, who am I to have an opinion about anything or think that my opinion matters? After all, I haven't chosen a side.

Take care,

Dave

• Seeker
    Seeker

Tim,

I didn't say you had attacked me, I merely said if you wanted to attack me it was your right. You did threaten me by saying, 'if you do this, then expect this to happen,' and my response was the laughter that you saw, for I don't respond to threats. But I'm glad you aren't planning on viewing people literally as an "enemy," for this is merely a discussion board, not a war.

I don't mind any of y'all. It's just so many pixels on a screen.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Julie,

Your expanding on my comments was enjoyable to read. Not just simply that you agreed with, but you gave enough thought to my idea's to even add additional side thought's, as reason for your agreeing.

I suppose I don't consider defending a position on politics, religion,or spiritual outlook, a priority. Even the subtleties of human relationships, and communication are so nebulous and characterized by regional and ethnic background, to look for reference's or source's is an almost futile exercise, since the source or reference will obviously have their own biased conclusions.

Facts are hard to identify, within the scope of these subjects. So trying to prove them with facts, is almost improbable, if not impossible.

I don't really know if anything I just said makes sense. I hope so.

I've spent half my day since about 5:30am in these discussion's my brain is crying for relief.

But I did want to say thank you again Julie, this exchange has renewed my spirit, you made me happy by just your tone. I want to have that kind of relationship, even if we next vehemently disagree.

Danny

• Farkel
    Farkel

: but he's made plenty statemnets just in these 3 threads that at the very least insinuate that some posters are worthy of more consideration than others. So why is Alan allowed to convict Xena on her supposed insinuations, but Danny held to a more exacting standard?

I'm not dealing with Xena and don't want to deal with Xena for my own reasons. I'm dealing with Danny's statements. I made a very simple request of him, and he would not do it. I requested he clip and re-post his assertion, and right below it the proof he claims that verifies it. He wouldn't do it. I have a very low tolerance level for people who always talk around an issue and claim that proof exists, but won't produce it in the extremely simple fashion I asked. Instead, they keep (essentially) claiming I'm too ignorant to see the evidence and keep ignoring it.

If you would do as I requested and if you are convinced that "evidence" proves your assertion, Danny, then I would think you would be thrilled to re-state your assertion and present your proof for it right below it. As I said, if you can prove your assertion, I will be first in line to admit you've done so.

You take far more time and space explaining that you've already proved it than it would take to just prove it again. Why do you refuse to do so, then?

And for that matter, why don't YOU do it either, tyydyy?

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• Xena
    Xena

Wow...really wow...that was wonderful Dave and I really do mean it..you cut straight to the heart and you are totally right.

That was a beautiful post..sigh and it would probably be completely lost in the stench of this thead...

But you can't say you didn't try, right!

• Xena
    Xena

ROTFL...you don't want to deal with me for your "own" reasons Farkel...lol what the...hhhmmm care to enlighten me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit