1975 coverup! Compare the '68 and '81 Truth book scans

by JimmyPage 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

JIMMY PAGE - Excellent detective work ! You are hired ! I never knew this. Even Robert Plant is impressed ! It just goes to show that the WT society is about " information control" towards their members and about deception. If we need a clandestine spy to go hunt down the pedophile database at Bethel with all the names on it - I elect Jimmy Page for sure ! Good job ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Even Robert Plant is impressed !

LOL @ Flipper! Actually, I could get us started on that pedophile database right now. I know one who is roaming free from congregation to congregation, unfortunately. Beware of any young men named Arthur.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I was the DO in Pomona, California when the Truth book was first released and along with the 6 month-and-we-drop Bible study program it was electrifying news for all of us dumb dubs.

I'm only going from memory, but didn't the original Truth book have the same graph of human chronology from Adam to 1975 that was found in the Life Everlasting book? If so, then 1975 would have had to have been mentioned at least several times. If that is so, then I would be interested to see how those other passages compare with the "new light which replaces crappy old light" version from 1981.

Anyone care to scan and post those parts?

Farkel

• rebel8
    rebel8

reniaa is mysteriously absent from this thread.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Maybe if I post some verses that might help?

Romans 1:25 (New International Version)

25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

John 8:42-45 (New International Version)

42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!
    All the best, Stephen

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

What is most important to recognize about these quotes is how nuanced they are. They specifically do not lay out a prediction, but imply it heavily.

When somebody believes that the author of the book is part of the "faithful slave", a "chosen class" of people within divine backing, subtle things like this make a big difference.

But the relationship of power between the WTS and its members can never be derived strictly from a book. Because of this, JW apologists will always argue that there was never a "specific" prediction.

Whether there actually was one or not is beside the point. Once you take into consideration the leader/servant relationship its easy to see how such explicit talk was never needed. The followers look to the leader for guidance, and believe whatever they say with great credulity. The Watchotwer (and its believers) will always deny that this is the arrangment, but history shows a different story.

• villabolo
    villabolo

I used to have about 60 of those "Truth" books each one of them in a different language. But then, when I was disfellowshipped, I tossed them. I remember the Russian language "Truth" book having the word "Pravda" on its spine without the rest of the title. The WBTS had no sense of irony. I wonder how many Russians must have laughed at that. "Pravda"(meaning truth in Russian), for those who may not know, was the title of the official Soviet propaganda newspaper.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"reniaa is mysteriously absent from this thread."

SHHH!

• startingover
    startingover

Shameless bookmark

• oompa
    oompa

what really really sucks.....is i just now remembered i looked at look magazine back then.......ya....i was young......but damm........oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit