1975 coverup! Compare the '68 and '81 Truth book scans

by JimmyPage 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Thanks, Blues Brother. I knew there were other changes in the Truth book but couldn't remember where. I'll try to post the '81 version of that page as soon as I get a chance.

• Roddy
    Roddy

The WTS is very sneaky with their sneaky revisions. I've seen others show scans of changes even though they didn't openly come out with a "revision" edition.

Some here have software that tracks the changes the WTS do at their websites! LOL

Say, has anyone come up with a list of before and after coverups? I've seen them posted from time to time so some have this research.

• steve2
    steve2

The "Truth" book is anything but the truth. From memory, one of the early chapters commenced with a hearty invitation for readers from other religions to examine the accuracy of their beliefs. A pity that hearty invitation was never extended to the witnesses themselves to examine the accuracy of their beliefs. Double standard time again.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Good point Steve2, the WTS doctrinal validity is so weakly devised they would never advise rechecking back onto themselves.

There are very important reasons why they change the wording in their books that has been revised over the years and why some of their

earliest books are hidden away from the flock.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Here's that side by side comparison of Blues Brother's earlier reference to page nine, paragraph 9. Notice that again the intent is to distance themselves from predictions concerning the year 1975.

• chickpea
    chickpea

WHEN exactly will the world
    be too dangerous a place to live?

"fifteen years from today....."

oops, my bad!!

"soon......"

what a bait and switch crock of crap!!

• Colton
    Colton

"Stay Alive 'til 75"

What the hell did that mean?!

• moshe
    moshe

I asked about this when that book came out- some of noticed the changes- you were made to feel like a troublemaker for asking- which, I guess was true.

• steve2
    steve2

There's no escaping the fact that when the unfortunately titled "Truth" book first came out more than 40 years ago there was palpable excitement among the witnesses: This book was touted as the new speeded-up way of studying with "interested persons"; we genuniely believed Jehovah timed its publication because we knew there was reduced time left to study with people and bring them into "the truth" before it would be too late. One of the illustrations in the chapter on the last days of "this wicked system of things" had a clear cut arrow extending from 1914 to a definite end point and the suggestive material in the chapter left no doubt in readers' minds: 1975 was significant. Very clever: How to keep people on edge through suggestive diagrams and speculative dogmatism.

Up until the late 60s, the Bible study books had consisted of stodgy, ponderous, argument-laden chapters (anyone who could stay awake ploughing through even half a chapter "Let God Be true" was clearly consuming more than caffeine).

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel
    ("Darn it! Now we have to re-write the Truth book! Do you know how hard it is to rewrite a passage and make it fit in the same space as before?")

It is actually easy to do. Just write a sanitized blurb and adjust the kerning and leading with the super nifty typesetting system they invented to publish the death dealing life saving literature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit