1975 coverup! Compare the '68 and '81 Truth book scans

by JimmyPage 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

In my real life, I don't document every time I correct something

So what? You're not affecting millions of lives as an inspired prophet of God.

and they would be within their rights

Incorrect. This is NOT within their rights. No one has the right to be unprincipled with another individual.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

To sir82, just as there are a variety of bosses and parents, so there are a variety of congregations, and even a variety of travelling overseers and branch administrations and a variety of personalities on even the GB. The work continues on apace, with LOVE the identifying mark of the true Christian, regardless of the circumstance.

To Heaven, perhaps there are millions that will read my words, so I must choose there with as much care as I can, right? There are a multitude of principles, which must be wieghed and balanced, depending on the evidence that is put before the one "judging"

• sir82
    sir82

That's an amazing non-answer to any of the issues I brought up.

Just waving your hands and saying "the work continues apace" doesn't make the real ethical and moral issues I brought up go away.

The "work" of parents abusing their children "goes on apace" in millions of households earthwide. Funny, they usually claim that "love is the identifying mark of their home", as well, as in "I'm beating you senseless with the buckle end of this belt because I love you so much."

Any love shown within the JW congregations is in spite of the GB leadership, not inspired by it.

• Gregor
    Gregor

When the Faithful and Discreet Slave dispenses spiritual food they don't tell you it has a shelf life. Too bad you can't find an expiration date on the bottom of the can. Just eat it and shut up.

In view of the continuous morphing of "The Truth" it is puzzling why most KH libraries proudly display a collection of old books. They are obviously not for reading.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

To sir82, it works both ways.

Gregor, food always has a shelf life, doesn't it, even if the makers aren't required by law to put a shelf life on it, right? And, collections of old books are even used by science at times, for a variety of reasons. I believe that the WTS is cutting-edge regarding religion [judicial decisions], just as new developments in science can be.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Spike Tassel,

Are you saying that spiritual food dispensed by the FDS, or as it referred to by JWs, "the Truth", is not something one should assume is 'forever' true? Especially when one who disagrees with current WT teachings is subject to being DF'd, a death sentence?

So happy to be out of a mind control cult that can force people to manipulate their own intelligence to try make sense out of nonsense.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

it is the best spiritual food I can find anywhere. The love and undeserved kindness even for the "unloveable" is wonderful to read and hear read.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wt truths have a shelf life. So funny. They attribute many of these 'truths' directly to their god. Are/were the wt leaders lying, or is their god feeding them crap?

S

• darthfader
    darthfader

Spike,

Have you really looked everywhere for spiritual food - then settled on the WTBS interpetation and being the best? How did you qualify them as the best?

I am actively looking an many spiritual paths -- so if you have chosen the best among all others, please share your process.

Darth Fader.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I started out with a smaller group, the "Friend & Workers", a.k.a. "Two-by-Twos". When I got to be 12-13, I started playing chess and discussing what I knew of the Bible over chess games. During my teenage years, I also tried out a little Karate (a few weeks), some "Dungeons & Dragons" (a year or so), some community band (perhaps 3 years). By the time I hit 20, I had decided against taking in blood transfusions, stopped celebrating my birthday (due to some gifts showing total disrespect for my values and tastes), and stopped celebrating Christmas (from my reading of personal encyclopedia articles on the origins of it).

I was in my early 20s when I answered the door for the first time to JWs myself. I was glad to learn about a religion that disfellowhipped people for adultery. Field service gave me the opportunity to have quite a number of active discussions with people of varying religions, and even several with some that had biker gang affiliations.

Since then, I've played pool/ billiards and done family history by e-mail, and have often got involved in Bible topics in those way, too. JWN, like all these other methods, exposes me to both some of my strengths and some of my weaknesses, which gives me all the more reason to take notes when I attend WT programs, read WT publications, and do look-ups in my Bibles and Concordances.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit