Hairtrigger

Marked.Thanks.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Bumped for newbies

smiddy

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Can someone post that 89 watchtower also? (I think it was 89? where it said that the work would be completed before the end of the 20 century, then the bound volume said something different!)
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I think it was the January 1989 WT. There may have been a book too that said the same thing, United in Worship, not sure.
  • freddo
    freddo

1st January 1989 WT page 12 para 8 last sentence.

This tells us that the preaching work would be completed within our "20th Century" - now changed in the bound volume and on the CD ROM to "our time".

The Book (Still on WT library CD ROM 2014) is the "Know Jehovah" - full title "The Nations Shall Know That I am Jehovah - How?" book (1971) Ch 12 p 216 par 9. which says that:

"Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Christendom."

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    great find Jimmy Page
  • galaxie
    galaxie
    Brings back to mind one of many discussions with my jw father...I referenced the 'truth ' book to show him the points of the op as well as the ' generation ' chart... you know the one with the 1914 to big A in ONE generation !! I asked him to bring a copy of the book...he went off and came back saying he couldn't find one ! I know for a fact there was at least 4 copies in the house . I didn't want to embarass him by searching for myself as it was not my home . The term theocratic warfare springs to mind , in other words lying.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    Spike Tassel , remember him? wonder what he's up to these days ?
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    It's just around the corner....again.
  • Gilbeath Haaraloth
    Gilbeath Haaraloth

This is an oldie but goodie for all the newbies to consider. I am very, very familiar with this sort of treachery the WT has become famous for. No wonder they want to distance themselves from this. Ask yourselves if God would continue to use an organization that uses deceit and treachery to cover up mistakes or would God's organization openly admit the mistakes? Bump to save a life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit