Why is Jesus kept side stage ?

by iknowall558 178 Replies latest watchtower bible

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

heres the obey leaders isaac is this one a lie?

Hebrews 13:17
    Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.

k13 leaders are in place it is scriptual I refer you to the above as I did isaac.

No, this was not your lie. I meant in the past you have been known to lie/run...for instance about the angels celebrating Jesus birth....

Hebrews 13:6

Thus we may say with confidence: "The Lord is my helper, (and) I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?"
    Remember your leaders who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.
    Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
    Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teaching. 2 It is good to have our hearts strengthened by grace and not by foods, which do not benefit those who live by them.
    We have an altar 3 from which those who serve the tabernacle have no right to eat.
    The bodies of the animals whose blood the high priest brings into the sanctuary as a sin offering are burned outside the camp.
    Therefore, Jesus also suffered outside the gate, to consecrate the people by his own blood.
    Let us then go to him outside the camp, bearing the reproach that he bore.
    For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the one that is to come.
    Through him (then) let us continually offer God a sacrifice of praise, that is, the fruit of lips that confess his name.
    Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have; God is pleased by sacrifices of that kind.
    4 Obey your leaders and defer to them, for they keep watch over you and will have to give an account, that they may fulfill their task with joy and not with sorrow, for that would be of no advantage to you.
  • isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Here is the best way to some up the WT and their leaders:

Heb 8

3 For if that first covenant had been faultless, no place would have been sought for a second one.
    But he finds fault with them and says: 4 "Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will conclude a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah.
    It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers the day I took them by the hand to lead them forth from the land of Egypt; for they did not stand by my covenant and I ignored them, says the Lord.
    But this is the covenant I will establish with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put my laws in their minds and I will write them upon their hearts. I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    And they shall not teach, each one his fellow citizen and kinsman, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for all shall know me, from least to greatest.
    For I will forgive their evildoing and remember their sins no more."
    5 When he speaks of a "new" covenant, he declares the first one obsolete. And what has become obsolete and has grown old is close to disappearing.

totally obsolete

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Here is the best way to some up the WT and their leaders:

Heb 8

3 For if that first covenant had been faultless, no place would have been sought for a second one.
    But he finds fault with them and says: 4 "Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will conclude a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah.
    It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers the day I took them by the hand to lead them forth from the land of Egypt; for they did not stand by my covenant and I ignored them, says the Lord.
    But this is the covenant I will establish with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put my laws in their minds and I will write them upon their hearts. I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    And they shall not teach, each one his fellow citizen and kinsman, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for all shall know me, from least to greatest.
    For I will forgive their evildoing and remember their sins no more."
    5 When he speaks of a "new" covenant, he declares the first one obsolete. And what has become obsolete and has grown old is close to disappearing.

totally obsolete

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I wonder who we should follow first? Christ or leaders on earth?

"I am the way, the truth and the life".

It's fantastically simple and basic.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa, can you show me even 1 verse where we are told we need to find the human channel that leads us to Jesus?

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Woah there, Isaac, I'm still waiting for her to show me one verse from the Christian Greek Scriptures where the Father is referred to as Jehovah/YHWH.

Remember, it wasn't until Jesus arrived that the notion of God being our father was even touted. The Jews wanted to stone Jesus for claiming such.a

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

hmm, ok pwprctd...lol...answer password first Reniaa...then me... LOL

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Reniaa...after you answer password and Isaac, please answer me two questions to satisfy my curiosity:

1) Why did Jesus never pray using Jehovah's name...especially when he instructed his followers to address their prayers to the Father (no mention of Jehovah) in the model prayer at Matthew 6: 9-13?

2) I totally understand your interest in debating your beliefs on this forum, but why would you defend the very beliefs you so strongly believe in by defying the very channel that feeds you the food you value so highly? Someone asked earlier...would you let the Elders know you regularly frequented this forum?...would you openly speak with these same individuals in person and in public view?

I personally like to see you on here because it makes things more interesting, but I really would like for you to DIRECTLY answer questions as posed to you. I look forward to your DIRECT answers!

TYA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit