RIP Dansk (aka Ian), 18.12.1953- 20.12.2008

by faundy 251 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

My condolences to your entire family...

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I have not been here for a while and just heard the news via facebook. I am SO sorry to Clare and Family. As so many have said, Ian was the sort of person who touched the life of everyone he met, I had the pleasure of meeting him at the curry he organised in Manchester and he made an effort to keep in touch with me afterwards as he knew I was struggling at the time. He was relentlessly positive in the face of his awful illness. I know he will be deeply missed. RIP Ian, if I believed in heaven, I'm sure you'd be at the head of the queue, there are few better people in the world. Jilly and family.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

So sorry for your loss.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

We're so sorry Faundy. Do what you need to do and take care of yourself. I hope you don't have to deal with JW's, if you do remember we all have your back, don't let them get to you.

We loved your dad and we love you. Peace to your family sweetie.

• Beta Male
    Beta Male

this is awful. im very sorry for your terrible loss. ive got lump in my throat for someone i never even met. thats a good estimation of his character, id say.

• crazyblondeb
  • Seeker4
    Seeker4

You have our deepest sympathies and thoughts. So sorry to lose such a fine man.

S4 & Lori

• IT Support
    IT Support

Stephanie,

I was so sorry to read your sad news.

It gave your dad great comfort that your mum, and three of his four kids, had escaped from WT's clutches.

Your dad had a quiet and gentle dignity that gave his words great power. He will be greatly missed.

My warm love to your family.

(Sorry I only came across your thread today.)

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I just wanted to say that I told my husband (who is a JW and not given to reading this site) about Ian's death. I was reading his opening thread "Torn apart" and left it up on the screen knowing it would pique hubby's curiosity. He read his story and it lead to a long conversation about the WT's effect on families. I am sure Ian's contributions here will be helping people exit the WT for a long time to come.

Thanks Dansk.

• serendipity
    serendipity

My condolences to the family. From his posts here, he seemed to be a great guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit