RIP Dansk (aka Ian), 18.12.1953- 20.12.2008

by faundy 251 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am so sad to know we have lost him, and that those who loved him in person will never get to be with him anymore. I am so glad we got to know him. Always a gentleman and a loving and caring person. I'm glad you got to say goodbye, and tell him how much we love him too.

Take care

Shelly

• IWillBeDubbedNoMore
    IWillBeDubbedNoMore

My heart goes out to you and your family. I didn’t know your father, but I have spent the last few hours reading about your family’s journey out of the Watchtower from his thread " Torn Apart". At times it gave me tears of joy and other times tears of sadness. But mostly it allowed me to get to know your father. He was a special man who loved his family very much and genuinely cared about others. . He was compassionate and kind. The world is a lesser place without him.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I am so sorry , your family has my sincerest sympathy ........

• dottie
    dottie

I am so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. I had pm'd Ian in the past, quite some time ago now it seems. I can't really remember what I had asked him, but I remember his response regarding my infant son then 2 yr old daughter. "Hug them everyday and keep them close." His words meant alot to me as I know how much courage he showed in hard times. His words and posts were always invaluable to me and he will be missed dearly. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

• nowisee
    nowisee

I am so very sorry. I shall remember Ian/Dansk with great fondness, as one who tried his best to help others, as one who showed gratitude for the littlest kindness, as one with tolerance and compassion....a very special person.

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

btt

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I like the suggeston of reading his posts..Wouldn't it be a great idea to go through his posts and find one that is really special to us?

I think it would be a great tribute and memorial for him.

Snoozy....

• asilentone
    asilentone

With deepest sympathy, I am so sorry that he passed away. He seems like a great guy!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Ian always inspired me; and I loved reading his thoughtful, caring, and sensible posts. Not an ounce of arrogance, just a truly humble loving human with a mighty heart. He will be sadly missed by all of us; but his legacy is the many hearts he left behind which beat with joy, freedom, and courage!

"The enormity of death is felt by people when they lose someone close to them. Knowledge and spirituality are often the light at the end of the tunnel in such moments of sadness. A human being who has died, is like a torch extinguished.

However, the flame of his life burns in his children, friends, work, and in his ideas. He has enriched the earth on which he has walked, the rivers in which he has bathed, and the living beings with whom he has been in communion."

He is now free to race the wind!

• penny2
    penny2

faundy, so sorry to hear of your loss. I read many of your father's posts when I first joined JWD. He was an inspiration.

penny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit