RIP Dansk (aka Ian), 18.12.1953- 20.12.2008

by faundy 251 Replies latest jw friends

• south african beef
    south african beef

Every time I turn the computer on and look at this sad thread, I sit in stunned silence.

Such a wonderful man, he has touched so many hearts so deeply, as is evidenced by the sheer number of heartfelt comments on this site.

I have been up to my companies head office in Birmingham for the past two days and I have been telling my bosses about this wonderful man who has so unfortunately passed on. It's been strange describing him as a close friend as I only met him once and Manchester is hundreds of miles from where I live.

But the love, empathy and wise words of Ian had such an impact on those that even had just a distant and mainly online friendship with him, that I am sure there are others apart from me who have no hesitation in saying that he was a close and very dear friend.

And Claire, again I have only met you once, but what a wonderful lady you are too! So loving, selfless and caring person who worked so hard to help Ian. It is a priveledge and a pleasure to know you. You have wonderful children and thanks Steph for your constant updates and information you have provided over the last few days - that can't have been easy but please be assured that it has all been very much appreciated.

As regards the funeral, I really want to come. I will talk to Bubble (wifey!) when she gets in and see if at least one of us can come along.

Thanks again for everything - you truly are a wonderful family.

Love from SAB

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I'm stunned. Was going to post a field of flowers, but I'm using FireFox. I didn't know him well, but what I knew of him, from brief interactions, was that he is a very loving soul.

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

I am so sorry for your loss. Ian was a good man.

• asilentone
    asilentone

bump

• golf2
    golf2

Extremely sorry to hear about Dansk. Chills went down my body as I read the news.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

bttt

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

btt

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I didn't know him personally, but from our brief encounters, he was a lovely man with a great heart. My sympathy to you and your family, my heart goes out to you all. Love Brooke

• south african beef
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have just got home from a holiday in one of those wonderful, peaceful, places where you could take your best friends.

Ian was in my thoughts as I played with my granddaughter in the stream that passed our campsite.

I would have loved to entertain Ian and Clair in our family's favorite spots.

If any of your family ever come to NZ, please give me a call.

RIP Ian my friend.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit