Give me a reason not to have an affair/one night stand

by mtsgrad 125 Replies latest jw friends

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

Homerovah

MTS remember what we used to do when we were young teenagers..... hint hint
    I am pleading the 5th.

It may just cool the waters for the moment until you can be a red hot lover again
    I would need the Niagra Falls to come close.

And don't perceive that since you haven't been doing the horizontal mamba you've forgotten how to,
    7 years? Reminds me of a bible character! Lol.

don't worry its just like riding a bicycle once you've jumped back on you'll be ready to roll again., I promise
    I am encouraged. Cheers mate

mtsgrad

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

One thing to consider is MTS are you thinking about an a affair out of vindictiveness or is it out of bodily sexual desires. ?

And if you abstain you can conclude within yourself that well I'm not an adulterer and my conscience is clean from that labeling.

In other words pour the guilt back onto your soon to be ex-wife and make her the reason for the cause of the divorce, thats power in your hands which you

can hold onto for the rest of you life

• Satanus
    Satanus

Not sure if this has been suggest already.. A release would help you greatly w your level of tension. Great for your state of wellbeing.

S

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

I've done the dirty deed and believe me its not worth the guilt and the trouble.

If your marrage really is over, if you really are getting a divorce then you're a free spirit and I dont see a problem. However if this other woman is attached in anyway shape or form to anyone else, I'd run a mile.

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

Brother Apostate

Whilst i disagree with you I do admire your convictions and efforts to help me see the light.

Your posting (along with others) has helped me to understand that I am not religious in the slightest. I was so committed to the truth and now am finding my way.

Are you serious?

Serious as a heart attack. "What comes around, goes around". "Karma" if you like. It is unescapable. What you sow, you will also reap.
    Karma is crap. Some people get what they deserved, in my life most don't.

If you take the Bible at its word, men and woman have done far worse and have been forgiven.

Indeed. That is true. Ditto

A one night stand after 7 yrs seems kinda reasonable to me.

It is not "reasonable" by any measure.

"How blessed is the man who endures temptation! When he has passed the test, he will receive the victor's crown of life that God has promised to those who keep on loving him. When someone is tempted, he should not say, “I am being tempted by God,” because God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone. Instead, each person is tempted by his own desire, being lured and trapped by it. When that desire becomes pregnant, it gives birth to sin; and when that sin grows up, it gives birth to death." - James 1:12-15.
    Don't believe that.

If God punishes me for this then I would not wanna serve him.

"Think about the one who endured such hostility from sinners, so that you may not become tired and give up. In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. You have forgotten the encouragement that is addressed to you as sons:

“My son, do not think lightly of the Lord's discipline or give up when you are corrected by him. For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he punishes every son he accepts.”

What you endure disciplines you: God is treating you as sons. Is there a son whom his father does not discipline? 8Now if you are without any discipline, in which all sons share, then you are illegitimate and not God’s sons. Furthermore, we had earthly fathers who disciplined us, and we respected them for it. We should submit even more to the Father of our spirits and live, shouldn't we? For a short time they disciplined us as they thought best, but God does it for our good, so that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, for those who have been trained by it, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace." - Hebrews 12:3-11
    The only person I am thinking of is me at the moment. I spent my whole life serving others to my detriment.

BA- Your choice. But for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
    Wish I could agree with you but that has not been my exoerience in life. Admire your faith tho. Thx

mtsgrad

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

Devilsnok

I guess you have summed it up. The marriage/relationship is over despite the paper not being official.
    Cheers

mysgrad

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Papers are filed? Your wife knows? If those statements are true, then go for it.

But if you are hoping for a meeting of souls be prepared to be disappointed. I am sure there are lovely women around you that you can boink. Do it till your heart's content. But wear a condom, it's a dangerous world out there.

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

Lori

Papers are filed? Your wife knows? If those statements are true, then go for it.
    Yep and Yep

But if you are hoping for a meeting of souls be prepared to be disappointed.
    I am not looking for a meeting of souls.

I am sure there are lovely women around you that you can boink. Tell me where they are!

But wear a condom, it's a dangerous world out there.
    Will do if i get the opportunity.

Nice

mtsgrad

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

They are at the gym. And pubs. And the market. And work.

But do your wife a favor and go to their houses, not yours!

• sf
    sf

Give me a reason not to have an affair

Life IS short. Don't put limits on yourSELF that have no good reason.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit