Give me a reason not to have an affair/one night stand

by mtsgrad 125 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28
    if she consents does that make it all ok?

Cheating is never ok and I'm pretty sure that she would have to consent otherwise I think it's called rape which I'm sure is against the law.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Personally, I think it all depends on your wife. Does she know you are finished? Are you indeed finished? Do you live apart? If the answer to all these questions is yes, then you my friend are as good as free. But don't be an idiot, keep a sock on the pickle.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    This thread is no longer working for me. I was hoping it would legitimise my future actions.

I take that to mean your mind was already made up before you started the thread. If that's the case, I wonder why you bothered.

W

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Do you like the idea of being an opportunist? Think you'll feel good about it later? Go to Amsterdam and purchase time with a red light girl if you must stick it to someone you don't care about.
    That's a bit harsh, while I don't at all agree with what he's thinking of doing lots of people do it, they go to a bar and meet someone and take them home, it happens all too often, or they simply play house with someone and never marry them, it's rather silly, it's like hey if the person is good enough to f*ck he/she should be good enough to marry.

I don't think so. Just because people do it all the time doesn't make it a smart move. If you don't care about caring about a person and you want sex with a stranger, then do it with someone who does it for a living. He is asking for opinions. He is going to get them.

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

Flyinghighnow

It might be baggage for you. After 7yrs it is likely to be different for me. Who knows? I'll die one day and then who cares?

It may have been a while but I would use protection. Lots of it.

Your comment below seems a tad harsh
    Do you like the idea of being an opportunist? Think you'll feel good about it later? Go to Amsterdam and purchase time with a red light girl if you must stick it to someone you don't care about
    2 consenting adults getting it on is very different from a brothel.
    Nevertheless I appreciate the debate

mtsgrad

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm sorry, I haven't read this whole thread. But there are plenty of women out there who want nothing more than good time. If you are on the other hand, pretending to care about her, that's crap. If all cards are on the table, and there is no victim (wife, partner, yourself) then IMHO there is no crime.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

FHN: "He is asking for opinions. He is going to get them." That's why I rarely ask for opinions. I almost never hear the answers I want.

• lola28
    lola28

Excuse me but there is a big difference between two grown ups having sex and someone paying for it, and you need to get that straight. If I bring someone home with me it’s because I want to not because I need to in order to have a roof over my head, food to eat or clothes to wear. And I never said I condoned the behavior, I don’t but again as long as the third party knows that it’s just sex it does not make mtsgrad opportunistic, if he was lying to her about his intentions or if he was taking advantage of someone, well then that’s a totally different scenario.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Lola, you are entitled to your opinion. Mine is different from yours. I am entitled to mine. I care for a grandson, by myself, who is the result of casual sex. Casual on the part of his father, not so casual on the part of my daughter.

I'm sorry, I haven't read this whole thread. But there are plenty of women out there who want nothing more than good time. If you are on the other hand, pretending to care about her, that's crap. If all cards are on the table, and there is no victim (wife, partner, yourself) then IMHO there is no crime.

There is no crime as long as some child isn't hurt by it. But children do come from sex. It's nothing to take lightly. Yes, a lot of people take it lightly, but kids whose lives are touched by parents who wanted only to have a good time are nothing to take lightly. I don't think you have to be married to have sex. I do think there are consequences to casual sex with people you know or don't know. On some level this thread's author knows this, too, or he wouldn't be trying to justify himself. He'd just go have at it.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    your own self respect?

Stilla, if you ever do take a knee, it might be yes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit