Gov of Ill. arrested for corruption, another close buddy of you know who

by Gregor 254 Replies latest jw friends

• roybatty
    roybatty
    I'll credit Obama for not being part of the Chicago Democratic machine.

You're joking, right??

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Quinn is a Democrat and a good guy.

Yeah, I got the party ID wrong.

Obviously Quinn would prefor if the Gov. resigned.

I have a feeling that Blago is going to hold out on that to use it as leverage or a bargaining chip, and if he has any dirt on Obama, they will cut a deal with him rather than let that blow up.

BTS

• Gregor
    Gregor

"eewww...what's that smell?"

"I think he relaxed his sphincter"

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Blagojevich

[16] According to Rahm Emanuel, Emanuel, Obama, Blagojevich's campaign co-chair David Wilhelm, and another Blagojevich worker "were the top strategists of Blagojevich's 2002 gubernatorial victory," meeting weekly to outline campaign strategies.

Only the messiah could play in that cesspool and keep clean. Kind of like walking on water.

But hey, it's not all bad. On the bright side when the messiah wasn’t participating in the cesspool politics, he was getting spiritual guidance at Trinity Church with his Rev Wright and having deep conversations about transforming America over dinner with his friends, the Ayers and Khalidis.

• Gregor
    Gregor

BTS, Don't forget he was also putting together a sweet little house deal with he and Blagos pal, Tony Rezko. (Now in the pen)

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Apparently Blago did nothing wrong, he was literally selling seats.

alt

alt

alt

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I say we let this criminal go and Crucify Obama......CRUCIFY HIM! Yelled the crowd. So a Crown of thornes was made for him.....

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Yesterday Obama had his first newspaper interview since getting elected, the LA Times, here is what he said:

Q: Are you aware of any conversations between Blagojevich or [chief of staff] John Harris and any of your top aides, includingRahm [Emanuel]?

O: Let me stop you there because . . . it's an ongoing....

...investigation. I think it would be inappropriate for me to, you know, remark on the situation beyond the facts that I know. And that's the fact that I didn't discuss this issue with the governor at all.

And:

Q: Have you ever spoken to [Illinois] Gov. [Rod R.] Blagojevich (photo left) about the Senate seat?

O: I have not discussed the Senate seat with the governor at any time. My strong belief is that it needed to be filled by somebody who is going to represent the people of Illinois and fight for them. And beyond that, I was focused on the transition.

Q: And that was before and after the election?

O: Yes.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/12/obama-transcrip.html

So he says he has not discussed it at any time. However, look at this news article from November 5th:

CHICAGO, ILL. -- Now that Barack Obama will be moving to the White House, his seat in the U.S. Senate representing Illinois will have to be filled.

That's one of Obama's first priorities today.

He's meeting with Governor Rod Blagojevich this afternoon in Chicago to discuss it.

http://www.connecttristates.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=217582

What gives?

BTS

• cawshun
    cawshun

What does Steve Hassen say about cults, how one can be taken in by them? If you apply his thinking to Obama, I can see the same methods He has charisma, promises a good change, dresses nice, ect... just like the cults do. If y'all think Obama is a different kind of politician your only fooling yourself. I think if one would keep Steve Hassens book on cults in mind when listening to these politicians maybe one would not be so quick to jump on his bandwagon. I just see Obama using some of the same tactic's the watchtower uses to get people to become followers. Promises of really great things to take place, don't you want to be a part of it, (paradise) a new and better government?

• snowbird
    snowbird

OK, people, what if Obama is implicated in some way with this crazy governor?

How does that make him any more reprehensible than any other politician?

Has anyone on here stated that Obama is flawless?

I voted for him because I'm African-American, and I'm sick and tired of some White people behaving as if they have all the answers.

So, there you have it!

Any questions?

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit