Gov of Ill. arrested for corruption, another close buddy of you know who

by Gregor 254 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"The word has it he may be impeached by the end of the day."

That would be the best thing for Illinois. In most countries, he'd resign immediately.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I don't see what this has to do with Obama though????

mmmmm...how to explain it.....I know!... Think of Cheney and Haliburton

• Dagney
    Dagney

Ya know I just had a "spirited" convo with my PO elder brother last week. He HATES Obama...lol...not very neutral. (I didn't say much because he was soooooo angry about him.) But the other thing he said was that Illinois and Chicago were terribly corrupt.

Sort of interesting in light of the recent developments.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

I did not vote for Obama and preferred to see McCain get the office, but I truly do not believe Rod Blagovich's arrest reflects in any way on Obama. Good ole' Rod is a Democratic machine politician born and bred, spawn of Chicago unions. I read that he did not want to appoint who Obama wanted because that person would not be willing to pay for the position.

Now that Obama is in office, I do support him wholeheartedly. My biggest issue with him was gun control.

• Gregor
    Gregor

As I stated above... I really hope Obama turns out to be a Harry Truman...

• beksbks
    beksbks

mmmmm...how to explain it.....I know!... Think of Cheney and Haliburton

Uhhh yeaaaa, that makes perfect sense.....

Obama just hated to see Blagojevich having money troubles, so he came up with a perfect scheme to leave a Senate seat that would need filling without voter opinion.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Blago is much hated by a little part of Illinois... that is, everything south of Chicago.

I'll credit Obama for not being part of the Chicago Democratic machine. If he was part of the machine, he never would have withstood the scrutiny of national attention. I had been critical of Obama since he hadn't opposed the machine, but I can't blame him for that. If he had violently opposed the Chicago machine but wanted a job in government, he would be working at a tollbooth on 294 instead of moving into the White House. I think the timing is interesting that this has happened after he was elected. If he was really a corrupt part of the machine, I think he would have pulled strings behind the scenes so that this wouldn't happen. However, it has happened. I think Obama gave the feds the thumbs up to not just continue investigating, but to begin prosecuting.

But I'm no political expert.

B the X

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I think he would have pulled strings behind the scenes so that this wouldn't happen.

Or maybe he stopped it so more Democrats wouldn't get pulled into the vortex. Some are saying that Blago was trying to buy Rahm Emanuel. Or maybe Fitzgerald pulled it out now to make it more difficult for Obama to replace him after inauguration, which would have looked very bad after such a spectacular case.

Qui bono?

If he was really a corrupt part of the machine

You don't spend years swimming with the current in a river of shit and pull yourself out on the bank clean.

BTS

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Some are saying that Blago was trying to buy Rahm Emanuel.

Seems Blago was selling, not buying.

You don't spend years swimming with the current in a river of shit and pull yourself out on the bank clean.

What are you implying?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Qui bono?

From The Message Bible:

Mark 2:15 -16 Later Jesus and his disciples were at home having supper with a collection of disreputable guests. Unlikely as it seems, more than a few of them had become followers. The religion scholars and Pharisees saw him keeping this kind of company and lit into his disciples: "What kind of example is this, acting cozy with the riffraff?"

17 Jesus, overhearing, shot back, "Who needs a doctor: the healthy or the sick? I'm here inviting the sin-sick, not the spiritually-fit."

Not that I'm ascribing Messiahship to him or anything.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit