Gov of Ill. arrested for corruption, another close buddy of you know who

by Gregor 254 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

Hey, everybody. In case anyone wonders how civil, current affairs discussions deteriorate into pointless vitriol take another read of Six of 9's post.

"...here, dipshits; from Patric Fitzgerald's statement this morning: ..."

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, most of us came out of the WTS. I would hope that we aren't tarred with the same brush.

Blondie

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

You sore losers will just pull anything out of your asses and try to run with it, won't you?

Ever have any friends or family go to prison? I have. I have friends that are doctors and lawyers too. Having one doesn't make me a criminal, having the other doesn't make me a surgeon or trial attorney.

This is probably as pathetic as the attempt to make Obama a terrorist because he once worked with a 60s radical - who's a tenured professor at a major US university, for christ's sake!

Time to stop the whining and wishful thinking and start helping to solve some real problems this country is facing. Look at your 401K lately??

S4

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Look at your 401K lately??

I sure have, and it doesn't look good, but neither does this late breaking news. I've seen a lot of whining and wishful thinking the last eight years during national crises by the way, I don't appreciate being lectured on that point right now, especially since this is definitely a legitimate reason for concern. The arrest of a Governor is not a joke.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Remember the subpoenas issued on Obama/rezko deals:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/18/whistleblower-hits-obama-friends-appraisal/

Funny how this is all happening after the election.

What did they used to say? Oh yeah.

I question the timing.

• Gregor
    Gregor

add "sore losers" to "dipshits" in reference to those who even dare to mention a current breaking news story that is obviously close to the President elect. You guys are emotionally fragile on this subject. Kind of like JW's who refuse to even discuss anything that would question Obama the "truth".

• snowbird
    snowbird

Is this the very late November Surprise?

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Of course, most of us came out of the WTS. I would hope that we aren't tarred with the same brush.

Blondie

Yeah, Fred Franz was Ray Franz's uncle.

Just look at the difference!

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Is this the very late November Surprise?

Probably not, schadenfreude notwithstanding. Although it looks like they have been investingating Blago for a while, the stuff they arrested him for looks post election. I guess his Lt. Governor will sit in his seat. In Illinois the Lt. Gov and Gov offices are seperately selected by the electorate. So if this sticks, the governorship will go Republican (Quinn is Republican), and since the Governor selects the Senator in the case of a vacancy, it is possible that the Senate seat will go Republican too. Talk about a gift for the other party. "Festivus for the rest of us"

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird
    So if this sticks, the governorship will go Republican (Quinn is Republican), and since the Governor selects the Senator in the case of a vacancy, it is possible that the Senate seat will go Republican too. Talk about a gift for the other party. "Festivus for the rest of us"

BTS

Quick, someone please fetch BTS one of those adult bibs!

"There is many a slip twixt the cup and the lip" is a good adage for all.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit