Gov of Ill. arrested for corruption, another close buddy of you know who

by Gregor 254 Replies latest jw friends

• roybatty
    roybatty

Orange jumpsuits will now be standard issue for all future Illinois governors

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

What is this- Fox News?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Hey, everybody. In case anyone wonders how civil, current affairs discussions deteriorate into pointless vitriol

Why don't you zombies take a deep breath and relax your sphincters?

Oh, good.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

"McCarthy also allegedly forced a student to wear a weighted vest and bounce on a trampoline for 40 minutes."

I'm Autistic too and to me, that's considered a good workout :D

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

How about this, president elect Obama has some close associations who are unsavory and criminal... Bush and Cheney are THEMSELVES criminals and if there is ANY justice in the world they will spend some time in jail go down in history as the WORST bunglers, incompetience and criminal leaders in US history and will die cold, broke and alone in a gutter somewhere...

And before you start crying think about the fact that these two jackholes killed more Americans' in misguided wrong headed wars of aggression against countries that did NOT attack us and were led by madmen that bush's DADDY put in office and kept in office! You kill 4000ish Americans you go to jail and you ROT.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Wait for the rest of the yarn to unroll itself. This is gonna get good.

From back in March:

Dan Riehl notes, via Amanda Carpenter, that in the list of earmarks he requested, $1 million was requested for the construction of a new hospital pavilion at the University Of Chicago. The request was put in in 2006.
    You know who works for the University of Chicago Hospital?
    Michelle Obama. She's vice president of community affairs.
    As Byron noted, "In 2006, the Chicago Tribune reported that Mrs. Obama’s compensation at the University of Chicago Hospital, where she is a vice president for community affairs, jumped from $121,910 in 2004, just before her husband was elected to the Senate, to $316,962 in 2005, just after he took office."
    Looks like that raise was worth it.

Looks like the same kind of games.

BTS

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

What a load of crap...MORE Obama bashing!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Obama, today:

Q Mr. President-elect, did you have any contact — were you aware of — were you aware at all of what was happening with your Senate seat?

PRESIDENT-ELECT OBAMA: I — hold on, hold on, hold on a second, guys. I'll just answer this one question.

I had no contact with the governor or his office, and so we were not — I was not aware of what was happening. And as I said, it's a sad day for Illinois. Beyond that, I don't think it's appropriate to comment. Okay?

Obama's chief strategist, David Axelrod, back on November 23: "I know he's talked to the governor and there are a whole range of names many of which have surfaced, and I think he has a fondness for a lot of them."

Team Obama says that Axelrod "misspoke" back in November. Hmmm.

If Obama and Blagojevich talked by phone, the FBI might have an audio recording of that.

BTS

• roybatty
    roybatty
    What a load of crap...MORE Obama bashing!

It's Illinois politician bashing - the last governor of Illinois (George Ryan) was a Republican and he's sitting in Fereral prison. I hope he rots there. Oh, but wiat, after serving only one year of a six year sentence, Sen. Dick Durbin is asking Bush to pardon him.

Like the FBI special agent who led the investigation of our current governor said - Illinois is the most corrupt state in the union.

Personally, I would be shocked if Obama did something on the level that Bloygoavich did, however, I cannot see how anyone can rise through the racks here in Illinios, esp. Chicago, and not have to do something under the table. Just not ppssible, and I hate to say it, the current Gov. is going to sing like a bird about Obama.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    So if this sticks, the governorship will go Republican (Quinn is Republican), and since the Governor selects the Senator in the case of a vacancy, it is possible that the Senate seat will go Republican too

Quinn is a Democrat and a good guy. He's been trying to get the Governor to resign for some time now. Also, I do believe that if the Illinois house votes to remove the governor from office, they also have to remove the lt. gov, not 100% sure but i believe i heard that.

Obviously Quinn would prefor if the Gov. resigned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit