Your Opinion: Why Do Some JWs Come Here & Defend The Witnesses?

by minimus 75 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Is it that they are masochists?

They are already being disobedient to the "Slave" by coming to these internet sites.

So, why do they do it???

I have been over the tower since the early 80's.

And just about everything else I have examined is also erroneous and full of holes.

You can prove my point to yourself by taking any topic and googling it.

There are pros and cons to every story.

You can go to amazon and read the reviews to any book and there are pros and cons.

Thats life.

Someone like me in a forum like this in his attempt to work out the revelation of the pros and cons may post a statement pro Jw knowing more enlightened minds of beings further down the road will post the con.

Maybe its being intellectually lazy, letting someone else think for him.

The bible in proverbs says one man sharpens another.

I myself do not believe in evolution. At least from a materialistic non design point of view. From time to time I will post something provacative on an evolution thread just to make sure I have turned over all the stones and havent missed anything. Allowing those who believe in evolution to convince me that my belief in design is solid.

Thats my take on it, they have doubts and they are working it out.

The bible says every man has to work out his salvation.

I have never figured out what were being saved from or to but non the less we have to work it out.

• flipper
    flipper

RENIAA- You say the witnesses are full of " imperfect" humans. Then their interpretation of the Bible is" imperfect "as well. As well as their "imperfect " ways of handling child abuse in their organization. And their " imperfect " appraisal of people outside their organization.

Definition of " imperfect " : Not fully formed or done ; faulty; incomplete . Adjectives describing the word : deficient, flawed, faulty, not working, out of order, inoperative, unserviceable . From the ( Oxford Complete Wordfinder Dictionary ) .

So the fact you defend them is flawed in itself. Jehovah's Witnesses use the catch phrase " imperfect " to make excuses for the wrongs and errors that are done in their organization ; whether blatantly on purpose or accidentally. Either way - it's lame and doesn't hold credibility

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I hate when threads turn into Reniaa discussions. Now I am doing it.
    To be fair, the title lends itself to it's becoming a Reniaa thread.

Reniaa has offered nothing to indicate that JW's have the truth.
    She is just positive that the Trinity is wrong, and finds the JW's are
    non-Trinitarian Christians.

I could point out how the New Testament was intended to focus on
    Jesus, but the WTS changes the focus to Jehovah. So, if it helps you,
    Reniaa- your non-Trinitarian Christian religion is so wrong for a
    Jesus-lover like yourself. Whole study articles in the WT ignore him.
    WTS has put themselves as an organization (really meaning the leaders
    in the Governing Body) in place of Jesus and they say that Jesus doesn't
    mediate with the Father for the likes of you. You would really be better
    off without them.

Anyway, back to the subject of the thread-

...the one thing this site has never done and what has drawn me back is give a good reason why Jehovah should not be my God. you talk on men not Jehovah.

There's your reason. We have one still looking for this site to convince her
    that worshipping Jehovah of the WTS is wrong. Self-admitted. Power to her.
    I hope you finally find what you are looking for.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Of course it is hypocritical of them to say they are imperfect - well Satan's world is imperfect but they go on and on about the imperfection in Satans world but glibly dismiss their own imperfection. You cant have it both ways.

Of course I am being hypocritical by remaininga witness and being on this board when I know it is not the truth

• reniaa
    reniaa

Of all your points flipper if you truly think their intepretation of the bible is wrong then your right not to be one, but I don't, to me Jehovah beats trinity hands down, I thought maybe worshiping Jehovah would be blurred by my research but the opposite happened. their usage of Jehovah is so unusual, what did blur for me was trinity teaching seeing that it comes in so many forms.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

RENIAA - The Trinity is the most stupid God Dishonoring Doctrine ever - JWs have it right on that without a doubt

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hellfire - or lack of it too

• Balsam
    Balsam

Hi Everyone,

Some of us when we first began to learn that our faith in the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society as God's Special Organization is bogus we were confused, upset, disbelieving and hurt. I know in 2001 I was in denial, I was in pain because my world was blown all to heck and I was feeling so lost, confused and betrayed. I was one of those who came here and still sort of supported and believed in some of the teachings back then. It took me some time to digest and figure out how I had been so completely fooled.

Personally I think we need to step back and remember walking in their shoes. It's been 7 years since I left and have gone through a ton of changes in my thinking, but it took time. Remember to be patient with folks because we can't help them if we can't be patient.

Ruth

• flipper
    flipper

RENIAA- You are correct. One of many reasons I am not a Jehovah's Witness. To each his or her own - I somehow knew this thread would become a gang bang with you and your JW doctrinal issues . Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I can't understand it for the life of me. For one thing they aren't supposed to be on these sites and wouldn't their time be better spent preaching or studying the WT or something????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit