Your Opinion: Why Do Some JWs Come Here & Defend The Witnesses?

by minimus 75 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The Bible is the most stupid God-Dishonoring book ever written.

It's good literature, though. A must read for atheists.

If your not an atheist when you start to read it. you will be when your done.

The bible is the atheist main recruiting instrument.

• reniaa
    reniaa

You guys(ahem shamus) should listen to Athanasius, abuse only makes us think 'if that is what they have to resort to then you'll get less credit from me', who will ever agree when under attack?

Athanasius you are someone I respect but what people fail to appreciate the thing that keeps me a JW despite the imperfections in people from gb downwards is Jehovah, the one thing this forum has shown me that in this one instance it is black and white, I don't think a single one of the ex-Jws I've met on JWD has retained there relationship and love of Jehovah its lost with leaving the faith. I don't want to replace Jehovah with Jesus worship he is my king but not my God.

• Summer wine
    Summer wine
    Jehovahs Witness Discussion Forum > Bible Research & Study Articles > Russell on prayer to Jesus & WTS charter? refers to worship of Jesus > Post: 2256796

Im not really sure how to get the link up properly but im sure Reniaa you will be very interested to learn that the WT has a charter on their beliefs and in it, it says Jesus is worthy of worship and this still stands unchanged.

• Summer wine
  • IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    But thats not an excuse to turn your hostility toward individual JWs

Exactly. If for no other reason than 99% of you defended the JWs at one time or another. 99% of you would not have allowed a blood transfusion to save your child's life. 99% of you said "Jehovah will take care of it" 99% of you shunned a DF'd person in one way or another. A very large percentage of you still allow JWs to think you still believe so you can have relationships with them.

99% of you were not deserving of disrespect or disdain by nonJWs when you were JWs. Of all people in this world 99% of you should be able to understand. Your smug attitude toward JWs makes me want to puke.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Athanasius you are someone I respect but what people fail to appreciate the thing that keeps me a JW despite the imperfections in people from gb downwards is Jehovah, the one thing this forum has shown me that in this one instance it is black and white, I don't think a single one of the ex-Jws I've met on JWD has retained there relationship and love of Jehovah its lost with leaving the faith. I don't want to replace Jehovah with Jesus worship he is my king but not my God.

You can read hearts and minds? Cool.

• shamus100
    shamus100

We've had loads of imposters here. And frankly, the internet is full of bullshit artists. Your story doesn't make sense to me. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Questioning you is not abuse, BTW. You can feel free to question me if you want. Or abuse me... I'd like that.

• caliber
    caliber

Because guilt and fear still play a role in their lives . It's the same reason DF'd ones though treated like crap

by the JW's themselves still defend them but their core belief system is still centered at KH teachings. It's like

one DF'd man did... he could be drunker than a skunk out with all is scummy friends but he still defend his anointed father

and the JW system with a Passion. It's like I don't qualify myself but damned it's the right way ! You can't leave your

belief system like simply putting on a new hat !

Caliber

• StAnn
    StAnn

So, if it helps you,
    Reniaa- your non-Trinitarian Christian religion is so wrong for a
    Jesus-lover like yourself.

OTWO, you call Reniaa a Jesus-lover? Just a few posts before yours she said his contemporaries didn't like him because they knew him as a snot-nosed youth! I don't think Jesus "lovers" could possibly think of Our Lord as snot-nosed, let alone call him that publicly.

It's so sad what the WTS has done to the image of Jesus, that someone who considers herself "CHRISTian" could call Our Lord names like that. Honestly, my jaw dropped when I read that.

StAnn

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

Active Jehovah’s Witnesses who post on this forum are quite varied. Some come on the forum probing and prodding for some answers; while still believing in the organization. They most certainly deserve respect and kindness.

Others have come on here with guns blazing wanting to be some kind of modern day Elisha. Those individuals deserve to be knocked off of their pedestal, in my opinion.

A long time ago, I remember engaging with an active Elder on here who was having serious doubts about the Watchtower’s blood policies; though he had no intention of leaving the organization. A few posters jumped all over his case; and I came to his defense. I felt that it was best to kindly discuss my concerns with the organization, while showing respect for his decision to stay in the organization.

However, there was another poster on here who called himself "martian". He was an arrogant ass who repeatedly called us apostates and tossed around the usual Watchtower slogans and catch-phrases. Despite his bellicose chest-beating, he demonstrated the usual inability to discuss Watchtower doctrine intelligently. He got his head handed to him on several occasions, and I had no problem participating in the beheading once or twice.

I think it all depends on the kind of JW who comes on here. Those who have some misgivings but who are not prepared to leave the organization should be treated with understanding. However, those who are here to engage in soap box speeches and finger wagging deserve to be treated accordingly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit