Your Opinion: Why Do Some JWs Come Here & Defend The Witnesses?

by minimus 75 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

Like making prank phone calls? It'd fit.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I think some come here because they really believe they can help at least the lurkers see they have the truth. They have absolutely no idea how much damage they are eeally doing to the "cause"

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

I can't believe that someone could read, post, and think about what they're reading here for months and still believe the JWs are right.

FF,

As a formal JW, still attending the WE meeting with my wife, getting my 3 copies of each mag, not preaching but still considered as a -fringe- brother, I come here to get information and share independent thoughts, which I prefer when expressed by non hateful posters, although I understand bitter feelings from those who have had their childhood somehow crippled by the WTS stand on education, and I believe that JWs approach what I accept as truth, or at least suits me. I mean, how many denominations teach one unique god, no hellfire, hope of paradise earth ? I used to be a practicing catholic for the first 30 years of my life and find myself more confortable with the JW creed. That doesn't mean I accept their shortcomings, I just haven't found a safer hole. Here you have a certain sort of JWD JW.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes on an infamous thread some months back that got locked, I had the temerity to say JWs were not 100% bullcrap. I admitted that a huge amount was bull e.g. 1914,607, pedophilia tolerance, UN membership, cult like control, blood issue, disfellowshipping policy, lack of love, reinstatement policy. I pointed out JWs (like all religions BTW) have some redeeming features.

Well the howls I got as many jumped on me. Anyway the thread got locked.

So I dont defend what is indefensible - but I will defend some good features and I have pointed those out many times

• zagor
    zagor

I don't mind them coming, it makes for lively discussion. At the same time they are learning something and seeds are spread, so what's the problem? I don't see one.

But I guess ones that do come are those with either strong pinions of their own, or those who are brave enough to test those doubts that have been bugging them for a while.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

I think that they come to forums like this because they need the attention.

Even if you believe all the crap that the WTS feeds them, sooner or later you are going to read something that jolts your brain.

I can understand that they are so f*ck up that their brains can’t or would not recognize all the data you come up with. But sooner or later their psyche is going to snap. If someone is that brainless and after reading some posts for a while they don’t start to have questions within themselves, even if they are brainwashed, they deserve to belong to a CULT.

The only real battle that they are fighting is with their brains. They are trying to find some sense in all this SH!T.

As I said before I am not a JW and I am certain that I know 75 % more about WTS believes and doctrines that the average JW that goes to meetings 4 times a week. 90% of that knowledge about this cult I have learned readings posts from sites like this one.

Take care,

Ismael

• reniaa
    reniaa
    Reniaa, why Do Some JWs Come Here & Defend The Witnesses

lol ip-sec had the right of it pretty much the same reasons everyone else does, and the right or wrong of it is for me to decide not the moral abiters of this site who have already rejected the Jw's teachings but feel free to judge from them other peoples morality. now you answer mine.

Is it a crime to be pro-witness on this site?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Is it a crime to be pro-witness on this site?

Just my opinion: No, not at all. As the masthead says, "everyone welcome!"

But ask the same question of your elders and they would say it is wrong to be on this site whether pro-witness or not.

Why Do Some JWs Come Here & Defend The Witnesses?
    In my observation, this question is almost always asked of pro-witness posters here at some point in the exchange. None of them have ever really answered it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    They have absolutely no idea how much damage they are eeally doing to the "cause"

Absolutely. Some think they can offer us their circular logic and conditional love and
    we will see the [new] light again. They really make our points better than we can.

Others, Reniaa included, deep down know [The Truth] is ridiculous and want to be
    talked out of believing it, but they are not ready to let go of their captivity to the
    concepts. By defying the orders to avoid [apostates], they think they are above the
    ridiculous part of the WTS orders, but they still think the WTS offers [The Truth].

• reniaa
    reniaa

Maybe once onthewayout but I now firmly believe it is the truth again, although it is full of imperfect humans.

All this site was ever able to offer me was how imperfection has stumbled people out of the Jws but they can't change that the bible with the exception of jesus is riddled with it to from orgs to men, too in bethlehem people stumbled at jesus through knowing him as a snotty-nosed youth lol the one thing this site has never done and what has drawn me back is give a good reason why Jehovah should not be my God. you talk on men not Jehovah.

Maybe it only has to be as simple as it being the only org that allows us to openly serve Jehovah as an organisation not just alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit