Your Opinion: Why Do Some JWs Come Here & Defend The Witnesses?

by minimus 75 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

I think alot of them have doubts and are trying to convince themselves.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Probably for different reasons. The ones that love to keep the discussion (argument) going and return again and again, I think they like the attention they receive.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I think they are trying to fight the doubts they truly have.......

h4o

• Quandry
    Quandry

I think they are trying to fight the doubts they truly have.......

Yes, or it could be that some do not think "the rules" apply to them. Even though they could be df'd for coming here, they sneak around and post. Of course, they do not admit to the ones at the KHall that they come here, or defend their actions as right to the elders.

It also is possible that some, like the certain R, have committed acts that were df'ing offenses (which she admitted to in her first posts here). She does not want to report them to the elders, because although she defends df'ing of others, she doesn't want it to happen to her. This makes her feels guilty, and she somehow has a warped idea that by defending the WTS, she is still more "righteous" than the posters here. Perhaps it helps her to feel better about herself by putting others down.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I like being balanced and giving both sides of the story. So I will defend them over certain things. Anything bullcrap however, I will attack.

So I will attack over, pedophile policy, 607 BCE, blood farce, egotistical Governing body, senseless disfellowshipping policy' even more stupid reinstatement policy

I will defend them over Theocratic Ministry School, hellfire doctrine, trinity doctrine

• calico
    calico
    Because they're retards . Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Hey-stop insulting retards!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa, why Do Some JWs Come Here & Defend The Witnesses?

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Maybe they're counting time?

• White Dove
    White Dove

Counting time: I didn't think 'postate conversion attempts counted on a time slip. Hehehe...I did phantom hours so much and it ate me alive. Silly me!

Hey, someone said her name outloud

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

When I first came to discussion boards I was a believing JW who was enraged at the child abuse scandals. I didn't defend the JWs, but I didn't believe everything I read on the internet either. Rather than debating with "apostates" I made it a point to research their claims on my own. I learned the JWs were wrong so I left the cult.

I can't believe that someone could read, post, and think about what they're reading here for months and still believe the JWs are right. I can't imagine anyone being that stupid. I assume they continue posting because they get a strange thrill from getting a rise out of people.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit