Your Opinion: Why Do Some JWs Come Here & Defend The Witnesses?

by minimus 75 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    but I now firmly believe it is the truth again

You firmly believe it's The Truth?

What about the counsel on partaking of the table of demons? Do you believe that to be direction from Jehovah? Have you chosen to be disobedient, anyway?

If Armageddon happens while you're posting on an Apostate forum, will you be executed by Jesus Christ and His Executionary Forces?

I want you to live in the Paradise Earth. Therefore, I must strongly recommend that you leave this Apostate forum and never return. I fear that your heart may become wicked and Jehovah may remove his Spirit from you.

• reniaa
    reniaa

You firmly believe it's The Truth?

What about the counsel on partaking of the table of demons? Do you believe that to be direction from Jehovah? Have you chosen to be disobedient, anyway?

If Armageddon happens while you're posting on an Apostate forum, will you be executed by Jesus Christ and His Executionary Forces?

I want you to live in the Paradise Earth. Therefore, I must strongly recommend that you leave this Apostate forum and never return. I fear that your heart may become wicked and Jehovah may remove his Spirit from you.

Are you a practising JW? or just taking on the role of my moral abiter? the wt warns us and what we then do is our own choice and we all stand alone in front of God when the time comes whichever God we believe in.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    Stilla: The Trinity is the most stupid God Dishonoring Doctrine ever - JWs have it right on that without a doubt

The Bible is the most stupid God-Dishonoring book ever written.

It's good literature, though. A must read for atheists.

A@G

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    we all stand alone in front of God when the time comes whichever God we believe in

Please raise your hand tomorrow at the Watchtower Study and make this sentiment known.

I never heard any such thing in my 23 years at the Kingdom Hall. Some of the "weaker" ones will be relieved that they don't necessarily have to agree with everything the Society says.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    A must read for atheists.

The Bible is not so straightforward, there is a bunch of
    YADDA YADDA in the way to see it clearly, but it might as well be
    full of sayings like:

Thank God for atheism.
    I don't believe in Atheists.
    God is love, but kills everyone that doesn't accept that.
    Kill foreign men and rape their wives and little girls.

Oh wait, it does say those last two.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Like everything else in the jw world, it is for the sake of appearances. They harbor doubts but in order to chastise themselves for it, they are playing in the apostate sand-box with apostate kids. That way when something happens like they cheat on their spouse, or get drunk, they can blame associating with us, get a slap on the wrist and clean their conscience.

IMHO

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Are you a practising JW? or just taking on the role of my moral abiter? the wt warns us and what we then do is our own choice and we all stand alone in front of God when the time comes whichever God we believe in.

A reminder that this is not about renaii - she is only symbolic of JWs in general who still believe in the WTS as God's only channel of truth, so that if we do not blieve in the imperfect dictates of imperfect men, Jehovah will kill us. No wonder she continues to stand outside of the WTS, forever contemplating her unlikely return. Nine months+ and counting.

• shamus100
    shamus100

With regards to this Reinna character, I call bullshit. She's most likely one of those nutcases that the dubs don't want back - maybe an unbaptized publisher gone awry, or someone who is DF'd with a mental problem.

Jehovahs Witnesses aren't stupid enough to have someone like Reinna in they're group. I give them more credit than that.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I get the impression from the hostile comments here that the Watchtower ripped some of you off big time. But thats not an excuse to turn your hostility toward individual JWs like Reniaa. During my 30 plus years in the JW religion the people who showed hostility just made me want to stay in the Watchtower because we were warned about persecution. However, it was the people who tried to kindly reason with me that made the best impression. I fondly remember an elderly Church of Christ elder who was a return visit of mine. I spent many hours trying to convince him to become a JW because I thought we had the "truth." Nevertheless, it was the objections that he raised, in a kindly manner, that got me to do research into the JW theology, research that led to my first doubts about the Watchtower being God's Channel. Though it took another 15 years before my final exit from the JWs, still it was the kind reasoning manner of this old gentleman that started me on the path to freedom.

The JWs who come here to witness, if treated kindly, may start doing some objective research into their own religion. Hopefully such research will make them more enlightened about God and the Watchtower.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Because they somehow think they can "reason" us back into the cancer. When logic fails, they resort to spamming the forums with encores of the same stock answers, and reiterate that they are "correct".

What I don't understand is, when they get 50 replies or more explaining their errors, they will not read them and try to understand what they are saying instead of putting out another stock answer. And, if they really wanted to be faithful, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger told them not to come to these forums.

Of course, the ones that do it are probably in it for the power. Such people can read all the apostate material they want and not be affected--and they will try to use that power to force dissidents to side back with them. One can only imagine what life in the congregations is like with such ones present--they are usually the ones that are super strict with things that are "stumbling blocks" and "conscience matters".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit