I Received The Holy Spirit!

by Maddie 129 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JK666
    JK666

hillary,

your name is in minor case letters for a reason, no real people fear you!

JK

• moshe
    moshe
    I have been going to a Christian Church called The Vineyard.

My 2nd wife belonged to a Vineyard when we started dating-in 1990- . After a year or so of attending services I asked the pastor a question- why didn't they have trustee meetings, business meetings or finance committees or board elections like other churches? He had a pained expression and told me a group of elder/deacon types(I forget the exact name he used) took care of that. I found out with some digging that this man who started that local vineyard church out of his home some years before basically owned everything via control of the Church corporation. My wife looked into what I discovered and she pulled her membership and joined an Assemblies of God Church. Nice praise and worship music covers up a lot of sins.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The more important question that needs to be asked is not whether Maddie received the 'Holy Spirit', but if every Christian on this Board has received it. If not an explanation needs to be given as to why not, if we truly wish to understand the theological implications of this issue.

The HS is received in different ways, not only by a consuming emotion, an epiphany. Some people confuse the feeling with faith itself, and when they do not "feel" strongly they do not have faith.

BTS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

JK666,

Okay, I will elaborate, since hillary brought it up, I found the pounding of Maddie on her thread to be completely out of bounds on this board. She shared her personal experience, and nvr blasted her. Tough darts that I defended her, and for that matter, have my own personal contempt for him. Console him if you want to hillary, whatever.

1) It is not for you to say what is within or without the bounds of this Board. That is what moderators are about.

2) You did NOT defend Maddie in any way at all. You merely INSULTED NVR without eplanation, or provocation, something that seems to be becoming a habit with you as you follow him from thread to thread.

I cannot speak for any other posters on this Board JK666, but I for one have your number, despite your repeated editing out the insulting comments after the fact. Last week you did the same thing to Outlaw and myself. A deliberate, unprovoked attack in a thread that until that point neither one of us had participated.

Grow up.

HS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It is interesting how physical laws aer immutable, even on an internet thread, entropy will increase.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Burn,

The HS is received in different ways, not only by a consuming emotion, an epiphany. Some people confuse the feeling with faith itself, and when they do not "feel" strongly they do not have faith.

Yes, this is my point. A person can lead a Christian life for decades and yet never experience something like Maddie expereinced. Why not? Does she have a stronger faith? A different faith? A different chemical makeup?

HS

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I was raised in those holy roller churches; and when I hear someone has gotten the holy spit (Oops, Spirit), It is just like reading someone has found "the Truth" in the Watchtower.

• JK666
    JK666

And hillary,

you are a mod, aren't you?

JK

• moshe
    moshe

from wikipedia-

Many Vineyard Churches have no official membership procedures or membership records, and such a policy is not dictated by the national Vineyard Church. Instead, a community of believers is formed by those who attend Sunday or weekend services, weekday homegroups, and participate in various church ministries.

Now I remember the catch- to join that church you just told someone, "hey i want to be a member- hey that's cool dude, welcome".

The result was nobody in the church had any legal authority to question how the freewill offerings were spent- like salaries,pastor's cars,housing expenses, travel, etc. get the picture?

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip
    Yes, this is my point. A person can lead a Christian life for decades and yet never experience something like Maddie expereinced. Why not? Does she have a stronger faith? A different faith? A different chemical makeup?

Is there any possible answer that could suffice? I say no.. and for that reason I don't even ask anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit