I Received The Holy Spirit!

by Maddie 129 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• startingover
    startingover

I am watching a program about serial killers. One of the most prolific described the feeling that overtook him after his first murder. It's what kept him going in his killing spree of men, women, children indescriminately. Is what happened to him really any different than the feeling some of you have gotten from the holy spirit.

• donny
    donny

I'm happy for you and your experience. To each his own.

I received the Holy Spirit once, but he set up shop in my house and refused to pay his share of the rent. I had to get a court order to get him evicted. He retaliated by getting in me and making me say bad things en espanol to my neighbor.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

lol... Glad that your having whatever the hell your having...

I think I'll stick with the rapture from the greasy cheesburgers...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I am watching a program about serial killers. One of the most prolific described the feeling that overtook him after his first murder. It's what kept him going in his killing spree of men, women, children indescriminately. Is what happened to him really any different than the feeling some of you have gotten from the holy spirit.

I can't believe that you would compare what Maddie felt to what a serial killer feels. They feel the euphoria before and during their horrid crimes, not after. After it is all done with, they feel fear of being caught and often despicable for what they have done. What Maddie felt is positive and pure and good. And she has nothing to be feeling despicable about.

• ninja
    ninja

I'm happy for ya maddster......ninja from up the road

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I can't believe that you would compare what Maddie felt to what a serial killer feels. They feel the euphoria before and during their horrid crimes, not after. After it is all done with, they feel fear of being caught and often despicable for what they have done. What Maddie felt is positive and pure and good. And she has nothing to be feeling despicable about.

FHN, that someone would compare a murdering psychopath to Maddie says a lot about their own mental state. Pretty unbelievable, but from startingover, not surprising.

BTS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Burn,

FHN, that someone would compare a murdering psychopath to Maddie says a lot about their own mental state. Pretty unbelievable, but from startingover, not surprising.

The poster was not comparing Maddie the person with the person of a sociopathic killer, but just the ecstatic feelings that each senses, one from religious inspiration and the other not.

The reality is that even biologically these feelings cannot be compared as different areas of the brain are involved. A religious experience complete with ecstatic euphoria can be artificially induced either by electrical stimulation of certain areas of the brain, or by chemical means. The interesting thing is that when induced, the person undergoing the religious ecstacy always interprets it in the religious terms of his own fund of knowledge and environment. i.e. A Hindu does not see Christ, just as a Christian does not see Vishnu, they each see and feel things associated with their own religion or environment. We are talking about a visceral, internal experience, not some spirit being introduced into that person from outside of themselves.

One cannot however induce sociopathy by chemical or electrical means by stimulating any part of the brain, so the comparison is not valid. These are very different sensations.

HS

• snowbird
    snowbird
    My life has been one sadistic joke and I just don't want to be hurt anymore. The christian god either doesn't care, (like some IBM CEO) or he's a really nice guy but incredibly weak. Either way I'm screwed. So, as I say, oblivion is a kinder option for me.

Bix Tex, I would love to sit down with you in a rocker and soothe away all your hurt. I used to do that with my g'kids - they're too big to be rocked now.

You and Nina are two of God's special people with hearts full of love for all His creatures. It overflows in your posts. Please know that you've touched this person in backwoods Alabama.

Peace to you and yours for now and ever more.

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The poster was not comparing Maddie the person with the person of a sociopathic killer, but just the ecstatic feelings that each senses, one from religious inspiration and the other not.

Right, I meant the mental state, not the person, I guess I did not get that through. My criticism was towards the mindset that easily equates the two.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Flying,

After it is all done with, they feel fear of being caught and often despicable for what they have done.

That is so with the common criminal. The serial killer who is more than usually a sociopathic killer has no fear at all. The feel nothing, fear nothing and can quite easily cook a pasta dinner over the bodies of their victims, turn the radio on and have a very nice time. They are born without conscience, that is why even as five year olds they can kill and dismember their family pets.

They do have a sense of euphoria during the long planning stages of a murder, during the murder and after the murder when they revisit the scene of their crime. Their senses are heightened to an almost supernatural degree during the killing stage, but then when this feeling fades, they must kill again to recapture the feeling.

We are all chemical creatures.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit