I Received The Holy Spirit!

by Maddie 129 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The more important question that needs to be asked is not whether Maddie received the 'Holy Spirit', but if every Christian on this Board has received it. If not an explanation needs to be given as to why not, if we truly wish to understand the theological implications of this issue.

It seems that some Christians 'receive' the Holy Spirit in this consuming way, and some do not.

HS

I believe we all experience our creator's spirit, just in different ways. Faith is not necessary, nor is adherence to human made rules. It isn't necessary to be "Christian" either. The one who is responsible for our existence isn't limited by human ideas. We don't all experience music the same way. We don't experience food or sex the same exact way.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Yes, this is my point. A person can lead a Christian life for decades and yet never experience something like Maddie expereinced. Why not? Does she have a stronger faith? A different faith? A different chemical makeup?

I don't know, and I almost out of posts for the day. I have felt strong experiences where I knew indescribably what it was that touched me, this is one thing that helped lead me out of the WT. However, such feelings are not universal nor are they universally necessary, in my estimation.

BTS

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip
    I believe we all experience our creator's spirit, just in different ways.

Good answer! I don't buy it, but it was seriously an excellent answer for the unanswerable.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Now I remember the catch- to join that church you just told someone, "hey i want to be a member- hey that's cool dude, welcome".

The result was nobody in the church had any legal authority to question how the freewill offerings were spent- like salaries,pastor's cars,housing expenses, travel, etc. get the picture?

Did they mis-spend the funds?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Freudian,

Is there any possible answer that could suffice? I say no.. and for that reason I don't even ask anymore.

Well, the interesting thing is that ecstatic religious experiences can be biologically measured. The way they affect the mind chemically does not seem to differ from a Christian undergoing an ecstatic experience, a Fakir having his own religious experience, or a exponent of Voodo in a religious trance. Each person interprets the powerful feelings that they are undergoing in terms of the religion that they understand and adhere to.

I am not a believer, but if I were, a question that I would seek answers to is as to why some in every religion are excluded from this powerful and obviously faith-strengthening experience.

HS

• JK666
    JK666

. . . as hillary the mod skulks behind the shadows . . .

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

HS-

I guess if you actually expect an original thought, then by all means ask away. I feel I've heard it all.

• Maddie
    Maddie

When I started this thread I knew that there would probably be a mixed reaction so I haven't taken offence to any of the comments. We all have had so much grief caused by being JW's and I have posted many times about my own so I wanted to let you know how I have found comfort and relief by the grace of God.

Maddie

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am not a believer, but if I were, a question that I would seek answers to is as to why some in every religion are excluded from this powerful and obviously faith-strengthening experience.

HS

They probably have some other unique experiences. You may go to Canada and see The Northern Lights and I may not. It doesn't mean they aren't real. But I may see some other spectacular display of nature that you don't. No two experience life in the same way. Everyone's experience of life in general is unique. It only stands to reason that people's experience of religion is unique. Why do some of see blatant and clear evidence of unseen spirits or ghosts or possibly some other creatures and then some never do? Thank goodness we don't have to know the answers or have some kind of corner on the market of accuaracy. That gives me the most peace of mind, not having to know all the exact answers to these questions.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

JK666,

And hillary, you are a mod, aren't you?

. . . as hillary the mod skulks behind the shadows . . .

No, I am not a moderator JK666.

What your posts should reveal to the friend who has passed on this incorrect information to you, is that like all untreated drunks you are unreliable and he has made a major error of judgement in trusting you.

If you wish to know what part that I play, or do not play on this Board please contact Simon or Angharad who will I assure be pleased to sort out your misconceptions...at least this one.

Is that clear enough for you?

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit