I Received The Holy Spirit!

by Maddie 129 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Robdar
    Robdar

Maddie, I am so HAPPY for you!

Until somebody has experienced what you have, they will never be able to understand the peace the Holy Spirit brings.

May God bless you. And may God bless those who are seeking. I hope they too will receive.

Affectionately,

Robyn

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    We then can ask the question if the experience is the result of an interaction of the individual with something outside of the individual, which is where HS leads, and perhaps debate whether it's important one way or the other.

Obviously if you experience physical feelings and emotions, there can be a physical reaction that is measurable,. Another person can say something good to me and I get a reaction or they can say something terrifying and I get a physical and/or emotional reaction. Someone smiling at you can cause your brain to release endorphins.

I don't think Maddie has said that only certain christians can have this experience. The WTBTS were always whining about how many outside the org believe that all faiths are different paths to the same creator/god. I believe this and I am an Episcopalian/Anglican. Vishnu and The Great Spirit are just different names.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I received a bucket of KFC.

Best of all, it is not imaginary!

FDS-lickin' good!

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I am pleased for you Maddie, i'm sure it was a very real experience for you and glad you got something from it. I hope it helps you on your journey.

Paul

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Nathan,

received a bucket of KFC.

Best of all, it is not imaginary!

FDS-lickin' good!

Another way at looking at your feast is that Sanders the God of Cholesterol has visited his spirit on you. Quake and fall for his spirit bubbles in your veins.

HS

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm cool with Lord Sanders - my cholesterol is low normal. He protects me because I am his Chosen One.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    Quake and fall for his spirit bubbles in your veins.

Not one to quibble over words but I think the spirit of Sanders is more apt to congeal in your veins than bubble.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I'm an atheist but I think that humans can experience altered realities that can affect them either positively or negatively (neural functions and brain chemicals).

But......

The subjective experience of these mental states can be profound on individuals. If you experienced something like this and it was positive and was meaningful, then I say rock on!

• Word
    Word

Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you." And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven." (John 20:21)

Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:38)

Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit. (Acts 8:17)

• shamus100
    shamus100

Linger ficking good.... linger ficking good...

I'm happy for you Maddie. Don't let those nay-sayers get to you - your spirituality is your business. We all have our beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit