I Received The Holy Spirit!

by Maddie 129 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I'm replying to share what I've experienced and what some people I know personally have as well.

I'm sorry, Maddie, but I cannot read this without feeling bad for you! Bad in the sense that the separation from reality feeling is within oneself, not a mystical thing. Anyone can do it ("catch it") if they really want to. I never could get myself to mentally separate from life though I wanted to very much. I had a lot of bad $hit I was dealing with.

Big Tex, in holy roller churches they call that testifying! They want you to get that stuff off your shoulders. You'd, probably, get a round of applause and a lot of amens and bless him lords with people raising their arms up to the air. You may be overcome with emotion! Then there's the rousing gospel music that gets you more into the spirit!

Totally different from being a witness. The charistmatic churches, generally speaking, don't like canned text. They want your story.

Exactly what I witnessed from about 11-20. No pun intended! My best friend was one of many. She felt better afterwards and said she needed that. I'm glad she felt better but her means were not real, even when I was a believer.

SO: I am watching a program about serial killers. One of the most prolific described the feeling that overtook him after his first murder. It's what kept him going in his killing spree of men, women, children indescriminately. Is what happened to him really any different than the feeling some of you have gotten from the holy spirit.

FHN: I can't believe that you would compare what Maddie felt to what a serial killer feels. They feel the euphoria before and during their horrid crimes, not after. After it is all done with, they feel fear of being caught and often despicable for what they have done. What Maddie felt is positive and pure and good. And she has nothing to be feeling despicable about.

Exactly, S.O. That type of feeling invokes dependency & euphoria, and keeps people coming back for more. Crack, killing, holy ghost, guilt & fear, etc.

Sorry for what you're going through. I hope your sitution improves.

• startingover
    startingover

I wondered what invoked all the wrath about my earlier post, and then I discovered I left off a question mark. So my mental state gets called into question because I ask a question. What a bunch of judgemental believers. If you were a person who has experienced neither the holy spirit or euphoria from killing someone and had been watching the show I was you might have had the same thing come to your mind.

HS, I think you summed it up when you said we are all chemical creatures.

• trevor
    trevor

Startingover or should I call you Clint?

You have every right to share your feelings and explore what is behind the physical states of ecstasy that various people experience.

It takes courage to step outside the box and examine human experience without preconditions or assumptions. It is the path to truth and understanding.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Just don't drink the Kool Aide!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

The interesting thing is that when induced, the person undergoing the religious ecstacy always interprets it in the religious terms of his own fund of knowledge and environment.

Bingo. So one possibility is that our mental framing is irrelevent, and perhaps misleading.

We then can ask the question if the experience is the result of an interaction of the individual with something outside of the individual, which is where HS leads, and perhaps debate whether it's important one way or the other.

• flipper
    flipper

MADDIE- I have enjoyed your input and comments on this board since you joined ! You are a very caring, kind person who has gone through a great loss of the association of your son due to this evil witness cult. Many of us here too have lost association with some of our children as well. We each deal with our pressures in different ways and receive comfort in different ways. If you are recieving holy spirit and have found God through a certain faith and this gives you great comfort - I am happy for you. I wish you all the comfort and hope it can give you ! Take care of yourself- please know you have friends here on this board who really care for you too ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Maddie
    Maddie

"In every human being there is the fundamental idea of God". I believe that this is because we were created by God, close to Him and then became alienated through sin. Jesus has made it possible for us to regain the close relationship with God, if we really seek it with all our hearts. I totally surrendered myself and accepted my powerlessness over the situations in my life which have caused me so much sorrow. Then I prayed with complete faith for the grace of God to free me of my pain and heal my broken heart. I felt the Holy Spirit throughout the whole of my body and my prayer has been answered. I am now free of the heavy weight of grief I had been carrying for such a long time.

Jesus said that the Kingdom of God is within us, so I searched my heart instead of trying to analyse it with my mind.

Maddie

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I totally surrendered myself and accepted my powerlessness over the situations in my life which have caused me so much sorrow.

That'll do it every time.

I am now free of the heavy weight of grief I had been carrying for such a long time.

Matthew 11:28-30.

Jesus said that the Kingdom of God is within us, so I searched my heart instead of trying to analyse it with my mind.

That's the point I try to make in my posts. Logic and reason (objectivity) have to be suspended some time in favor of emotion (subjectivity). The heart knows and responds to its Creator. I'm so happy for you, Maddie.

Peace and love.

Sylvia

• Maddie
    Maddie

Snowbird Peace and love to you too.

Maddie

• caliber
    caliber

Maddie,

Thank you kindly for sharing these revealing and unlifting thoughts !

I totally surrendered myself and accepted my powerlessness over the situations

I prayed with complete faith for the grace of God

I searched my heart instead of trying to analyse it with my mind.
    Logic and reason (objectivity) have to be suspended some time in favor of emotion (subjectivity). The heart knows and responds to its Creator. .

I believe this is the greatest stumbling block for xJW'S that of not being am to surrender due to fear , mistrust or hurt .

Thank you SNOWBIRD for this critical and essential understanding( in my opinion ) in this last quote !

Caliber

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit