My Wife's In The Hospital

by Yizuman 145 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Good news Yizuman!

May she continue to progress and heal with the proper care.

• *summer*
    *summer*

Great news!:-)

"The doctor said if this trend continues within the next 6 weeks, she could heal up just nicely. I hope that will be the case."

You must believe deep in your hear that it WILL be the case!

Take care~

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Nice report. I'm glad you are both feeling so much better now.

-Aude.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Spoke to the nurse, she told me she received another 4 units of blood as her blood count was low again. I asked why it was dropping like that. She (as I understand it) tried to explain to me that it's normal for people who lost alot of blood to have some unsettling issues and it takes a while for her body to re-adjust to the sudden changes.

She'll start back on dialysis tomorrow. So I hope it'll get her back in shape like she was before all this happened and continue to progress towards getting better.

I'm worried sick, I can't help it. I just want my baby better and back home with me.

Yiz

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Another 4 units of blood again. :(

The nurse gave me a little education as to how the blood count thing works, she explained to me that in her case, if her blood count is at 85 points, she's fine. So last night she dropped to 77 points, so they ordered 4 more units of blood.

Today she's ok. They called me this morning before I went to bed and asked me for the consent to place a picc line for her dialysis as her old one got removed. She started her dialysis this afternoon around 2 PM. They took off 6 lbs of fluid. I think they may do another one tomorrow.

Another problem right now is that she has a major swelling in her left hand. The nurse told me she's having a blood clot in that hand. They can't give her any blood thinner because of the situation she had a few days ago with the bleeding and because of the suture. I'm trying to understand what they're planning to do to help that hand, but the nurse is not making it easy for me to understand him. So when I go see my baby Sunday on my day off, I'll find out more.

It's difficult to see her because of the length from where I live to the hospital and because of the gas prices. I have to watch my money very very carefully. Plus I started 2 new jobs, both part time, so the pay isn't all that great, but it's sorta helping me stay afloat.

Will post when I find out more about her situation in person on Sunday. In the meantime, please keep her in your prayers.

Thanks

Yiz

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Anyone with some medical knowledge?

My wife's left hand is swollen and she has some clot in that hand. Some nurse is telling me she's on some sort of "pressure machine"? to help that hand. Anyone know how it works or what it does exactly? I'll be seeing my wife tomorrow afternoon when I wake up.

Yiz

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Good heavens, Dear Yizuman... I was hoping things would have calmed down completely by now! Thank you for the update, you and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
    Baba.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Hi Yizuman -

I have a few ideas on what the 'pressure machine' is doing but since your wife has several medical compromises I'm not confident enough to response.

I posted a new thread to help get you the info you want and need.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/162519/1.ashx

Hopefully you do not mind that I did this. It just seemed that your inquiry had gotten too buried into this thread.

-Aude.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    My wife's left hand is swollen and she has some clot in that hand. Some nurse is telling me she's on some sort of "pressure machine"? to help that hand. Anyone know how it works or what it does exactly? I'll be seeing my wife tomorrow afternoon when I wake up.

SCD. Sequential compression. People who are bed bound are high risk for clots. SCD's may be put on (The Lower legs.) immediately after surgery.

I'll have to see if I can find a picture on the web.

• MsMcDucket

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit