My Wife's In The Hospital

by Yizuman 145 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm sorry your wife has been so ill and sorry that you miss her so much. I hope you are both together again soon and that life gets on a more even keel for you. As for the medical bills, well, lots of people have been driven to bankruptcy because of medical bills. If you can't pay them, you can't pay them.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I'm sorry your wife has been so ill and sorry that you miss her so much. I hope you are both together again soon and that life gets on a more even keel for you. As for the medical bills, well, lots of people have been driven to bankruptcy because of medical bills. If you can't pay them, you can't pay them.

I do miss her alot for sure.

I called these ambulance guys and they said to disregard the bills as they're waiting on Medicare to respond to the transportation bills, per se as what it says on the computer. I hope Medicare can take care of them.

As for bankruptcy, I hope that won't come to that. Filing for bankruptcy as I understand it can lean on our house and we're still paying mortgage on it. It's got like 10 more years left on it. Unless someone knows differently about it.

Yiz

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I am sorry I have not been on JWD very often but I have thought about your dear wife every day since I read what you had been writing concerning her.

I understand about the medical bills....I have been operated on and otherwise hospitalized many times in the past few years and hubby says he cannot BELIEVE all these people treated me every time! We have decided that anyone that pops their head into the room (even to look at a clock) is eligible to send out a bill. Half the time I was unconscious when someone came in and stood at the end of my bed....I never saw them even if they "saw" me! As one poster said you can only pay what you are able to pay.

I pray your wife's health progresses and that she will soon be home with yuo.

hugs,

Annie

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I've gotten the medicaid thing straighten out finally, at least I hope so. Since the system now says she's eligible. So I called all of the billing centers and got her medicaid in the system. Hopefully this will take care of everything.

My wife has been doing great, in the past two days she's been off of the vent for 12 hours and she's been sitting on the chair by her bed, she sat on the chair for an hr yesterday for two days and 2 hrs today before I left the hospital. She'll be off of the vent for another 12 hrs today. Hopefully within' the next two weeks it'll be 24 hrs a day.

She's had her physical therapy today, pulling a rubber string, flexing her hands and twisting her wrists. Her hands is pretty curled up, so hopefully she'll be able to straighten them as she continues her daily exercises. The therapist wants to avoid putting her hands on a board to straighten out her fingers, so we'll see how she does with her hand exercises.

I'm real proud of her and I hope she continues to improve as time goes by. :)

Yiz

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I forgot to mention that they tried to get her back on real food today. That didn't work out too well. They tried Apple Sauce and she didn't like the taste. They tried to make her swallow, but she wouldn't do it. I think she's afraid to swallow with the trait on.

They're gonna try pudding next week.

Yiz

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

It is great to see that she is doing well and able to sit up in the chair for an hour at a time. Sometimes after an ordeal, this is as difficult as climbing a mountain!

If they have not done so as yet, see if the hospital will bring her Jello she can smush around to make it go down smoothely----often their applesauce can seem a bit tart and make the tastebuds water do funny things that make one uncomfortable......and Jello has more pleasant taste anyway.

hugs,

Annie

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I'll ask, but if I remember right, my wife isn't a fan of jello thus we never had jello since I moved in with her. But she does love pudding. Even the sugar free ones.

I plan to see her tomorrow on Saturday to see how she's doing and help her with her physical therapy when a therapist isn't around on the weekends. Some pretty simple and basic exercises.

I should be off Monday and Tuesday so I can spend more time with her. Can't wait. I miss my baby!

Yiz

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I"m so glad your wife is doing better!!

Is it possible for her to get disability?? That might also help with bills.

Medicaid should be retroactive.....and go back and cover everything!!

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

She's already on SSD, has been all her life.

To make a long story short, she was born with one leg and lost the other at the age of 15 to bone cancer.

So she's been wheelchair ridden ever since.

Yiz

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Sorry, I didn't realize that!!

Let us know how ya'll are doing!!

We are all pulling for both of you!!

shelley

What did i read about a bi-pap?? Are they using that now instead of the vent??

If so, that's a really good thing!! And it's great that she's up in a chair 12 hours!!

Baby steps!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit