My Wife's In The Hospital

by Yizuman 145 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Hi guys,

She's doing good with her trach, she's tolerating it being capped 12 hrs a day. Hopefully by the next 2 weeks it'll be 24 hrs a day.

Just found out from the case manager that my wife will be transferring to a rehab facility not too far from where I live (about a 30 min drive) where she'll stay to get her physical therapy to get her body back into shape. She may be there for 2-3 months. Her transfer should happen sometime within a 1-2 week time frame. I'll let ya'll know when this happens.

In the meantime, I'll be doing some major house cleaning to get the house fit for her respiratory's sake. I'm also concerned about how much of a shape she will be in when she comes home. So I am considering looking into a medical bed for my wife, it'll have to be something that Medicare/Medicaid can cover, prolly a rental of sorts. Because she may need a railing on her bed to help her get around. The current bed that we have doesn't have what she may need. I'll just have to see how physically fit she will be before she comes home.

I had a pretty good time hanging out with my wife for 2 days, what I really enjoy about my visit is laying my head on her stomach area while she strokes my hair. Ah, it felt like heaven.

Will post more as time develops.

Yiz

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

So glad to hear of the continuing improvement, Yizu! You are a dear to be doing such a diligent clean-up in anticipation of her being home soon.

Love to you both,
    Baba.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Hi guys,

Been a while since I last updated what's going on with my wife....

Well, she's being transferred to a rehab facility tomorrow. IF THAT.

First she has to see the dialysis doctor to see if he's comfortable having her as a patient on account of her current condition. She still has that trait on her throat which is something of a concern. If he accepts her current condition and feels there won't be any problems. She get checked into the rehab facility.

Then she'll have her first dialysis at the center on Wednesday. If they have no problems with her at the center, then she gets to stay at the rehab center full time. If they run into any problems, then she'll get sent back to the hospital where she had been staying all this time.

So, my wife is scared about going because she said she's so used to being where's she currently at now and with the staff members. She's scared of going someplace new and being around new people that she doesn't know.

Well, to tell you the truth, so am I.

I hope she'll be ok.

I'm very worried.

Yiz

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

That's a big step in her recovery.

Will you be able to stay with her while she's at the rehab facility?

If there is a way for you to be there for the first day or so it may help everyone safely settle-in.

-Aude.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Well, my wife left to head over to see the renal doctor this afternoon in a wayyy another town and come to find out she's heading back to the same hospital where she's been saying. I am gonna assume he has a problem with her.

From what her case manager says is that the renal doctor wants to talk to some other doctors and go from there.

So I got all her stuff here at home, so I will have to go back tomorrow morning after work and bring some of her stuff back, like her fan for example as she will need that to cool off on as she gets warm easily.

Dunno what's going on, but I should know more tomorrow.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

My wife is suffering from depression and this in itself is very painful.....but I see you and your wife are suffering even more and I wish you all the best....nothing can hurt you worse then this....sorry mate I hope things work out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit