My Wife's In The Hospital

by Yizuman 145 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

My baby just got done with her dialysis. 10lbs of fluids taken off her and she's looking better. She's getting cleaned up right now.

Will go back in her room when she gets done.

Nurse thinks she'll get off the vent alot sooner than later. She's doing alot of breathing on her own moreso than the machine. Which is a good sign. But she's kinda scared about getting off the vent. I think she's becoming psychologically dependant on the vent. So I told her there's a difference between physical and psychological dependacy, she understands that. So she'll keep that in mind.

Will post more later...

Yiz

• *summer*
    *summer*

This is all good news!!!

Your baby has been through so much!!! The body needs time and tender loving care*

Please keep continuing to pray for her.

You better believe it!!!

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Hugs to you & your lovely wife!!!

Please let her know we are all thinking of her!!!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Ah, Yizuman and Dear Mrs. Yizuman! I am so happy to hear things are looking up! Keep up the good work healing!

Love,
    Baba.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

The doctor told me that they turned the vent machine part off that does the breathing for her and supplying only oxygen. Wife didn't know this and was surprised that she's doing awesome on her own. I think pretty soon they'll take vent off her. I'm real excited about that.

Today's dialysis took 10lbs off. She's looking good.

Keep those prayers up. She's getting better!

Yiz

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Yiz, was she on BiPap, CPAP, or the vent? Did she have CPAP or BiPap to the trach?

• *summer*
    *summer*
    they turned the vent machine part off that does the breathing for her and supplying only oxygen. Wife didn't know this and was surprised that she's doing awesome on her own

What a great morale booster it must have been for her...and for you!

She's looking good

Yes, I bet she does!

She's on her way. One step at a time...one day at a time...and my thoughts and prayers are still with the both of you.

Hang in there~

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

"Yiz, was she on BiPap, CPAP, or the vent? Did she have CPAP or BiPap to the trach?"

I had to call the nurse for that info, she's on the BiPap. Why do you ask? What's the difference in all that?

Anyway, I am home now, much to my wife's dismay that she didn't want me to go. I told her I will try to visit on Friday. The gas prices is murder when it comes to visiting her. So she does understand why my visits is few in between. But since I had my three days off, we made the most of it together and I slept on the couch in the waiting room.

I really miss my baby. :(

Yiz

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Thanks for the updates, Hon, we LOVE to hear when it's good news! You are both still in my thoughts and prayers.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I had to call the nurse for that info, she's on the BiPap. Why do you ask? What's the difference in all that?

Sounds like she's on the road to recovery. The vent means that she needed the most support. Again, I'm not a doctor. I wonder if there's a Respiratory Therapist on the board. They can explain it better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit