My Wife's In The Hospital

by Yizuman 145 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Sounds like she's on the road to recovery. The vent means that she needed the most support. Again, I'm not a doctor. I wonder if there's a Respiratory Therapist on the board. They can explain it better.

I do try and ask alot of questions about anything and everything to the best of my ability with the RT. She always has one for her 24/7. I watch them check the machine, make notes and checks her chart. They also change her dressing around the trait 4 times a day (at least they're supposed to).

The treatment shows good signs of healing around the trait hole and is seeing healthy pink tissues around the hole. So the doctor says it's a good sign that it's healing properly.

I can't wait for my next visit. (yells at the calendar to hurry up!) :p

Yiz

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    The treatment shows good signs of healing around the trait hole and is seeing healthy pink tissues around the hole. So the doctor says it's a good sign that it's healing properly.

I can't wait for my next visit. (yells at the calendar to hurry up!)

I'm wishing for the best! Hang in there Mr & Mrs Yiz!

• milliemootoo
    milliemootoo

Thoughts and prayers with you xx

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Glad to hear things are improving for your Mrs.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Wife is finally out of ICU, she's back in her regular room in the other hospital across the street where the nurses can then resume her respiratory therapy. Here's hoping she'll be off the trait real soon since she's been breathing pretty good on her own.

I plan to see her today. Glad she's doing ok.

Yiz

• *summer*
    *summer*

Wow!!! News keep getting better and better with each passing day!!!

Things are looking good...very good!!!

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Saw my baby yesterday, spent 4 1/2 wonderful hours with her before I had to leave for work. *sobs!*

She did good that day, she had 6lbs of fluid taken off from dialysis and did 4 hrs off the vent as part of her respiratory therapy.

Will try and see her on Tuesday on my day off. I can't wait.

Yiz

• *summer*
    *summer*

Your baby is doing amazing progress

You seem to care and love her so much...it plays a great part in recovery.

I am sure you are both counting the days until Tuesday:-)

Sending love and peace to the both of you

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

And the medical bills is finally pouring in.....YIKES!

Some of these bills I have is plain impossible, some I can probably pay off. The ones that is huge is the 3 transportations she had by ambulance. The first one was when she transferred out of the hospital next to my town to the specialty hospital where she's receiving her respiratory therapy. The 2nd was a trip to ICU to a hospital across the street and the last one was again a trip to ICU just last week. No, make that 2 more trips, the ones that took her back to the specialty hospital after being checked out of ICU. *sighs*

Some of the charges are from AFTER her Medicaid got canceled, in which I am trying to get it reinstated through the welfare office. Dunno why they canceled it in the first place. I never gotten any letters regarding that. The cancellation took place until the second day after she transferred to the specialty hospital.

I'm gonna have to contact these ambulance people and explain that it's impossible to pay this. My wife has SSD and my paychecks from work is below the poverty level. Especially I've had periods of unemployment in between. I have only 2 part time jobs. One is 24 hrs and the other is 16 hrs. Both different wages.

Wish me luck on these bills, especially all my other regular monthly bills. *sighs*

Yiz

• *summer*
    *summer*

My heart goes out to you...although it does not help much with the bills:-(

Hang in there. Things often have a way of falling into place when we least expect it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit