Need new friends? Buy a Harley...so simple!

by oompa 100 Replies latest jw friends

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Yeah, I can spot em!

We had friends with a gazeebo. Whenever we were there she and I disappeared into the gazeebo. The men joked about putting in a camera, lights and a pole. Sadly, they divorced and she went AWOL.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Got new mirrors and rack on bike last night. Went for a nice ride down to the lake.

alt

alt

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Very pretty! My husband's mirrors are tear drop shaped, but not as angular as yours. I like your pipes too. Nice to not have to polish them.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Yeah its a hayabusa and I have had it up to 165 with throttle to spare. Since than I have made some modifications that have made it even faster.

Back on topic, you have a really nice bike now. I know there is an aura about harley's, but the downside of possible mechanical problems is something to consider. I know one cat (an elder) got a brand new full dresser in 96. I saw him a couple years ago and he was telling me how he was practically looking to give the bike away. He explained that it started having problems starting and the dealer replaced the starter and just about every other related item. He had to go thru the whole lemon law thing to get the issue resolved (turned out to be a problem with the starter and some obscure item I cant remember.)

The key is there are more of these stories involving harley's, than you can ignore. Nothing like the peace of mind of jumping on your bike and knowing it will start and get you where you want to go and back.

• Evidently
    Evidently
    The key is there are more of these stories involving harley's, than you can ignore. Nothing like the peace of mind of jumping on your bike and knowing it will start and get you where you want to go and back.

Ahhh, but you make the point of having a Harley even stronger.......Your Harley is like your child, when it's dirty, you lovingly clean and shine it up, when it sits in the garage for a few days, you take it for a ride to give it some exercise, you are always buying it new toys (accessories), when it gets a minor boo-boo, you immediately get it fixed, and when it breaks, you get it to the doctor (dealership) to ease its pain ...... you see Harley's have a soul, when you have your Harley customized to your wishes, it becomes part of you. You know every inch of it and can usually tell when something is wrong long before it becomes a major issue......

Also, when I ride my motorcycle its not the destination that I am concerned with, it's the journey......

• oompa
    oompa

Hecklerboy...that is just tooooo sweet....what a stone cold fox she is. I would stop to drool on her if I saw her...very nice........oomps

• Evidently
    Evidently

Geesh Oomps, your gonna get our thread deleted......MODS, HE'S REFERRING TO A MOTORCYCLE!!!!

• Priest73
    Priest73

Just ride kids. metric, or real bike. just ride.

• oompa
    oompa

Well I finally did it....third visit to the Harley dealer....I finally rode a Harley Davidson today. A cruiser...a 2008 Street Glide.....with some wicked Sampson pipes on it...oh how i loved that 6th gear. Most surprising thing....it seems smaller and much more nimble than my Vulcan 1600....the turning radius was so much smaller and easier to do...weird. I put them side by side and the seat height is identical...and so was the total length....but it did handle better. That fairing is a work of art...always has turned my head. But I miss the reall bike look on the bars....this thing had 6 gauges and a radio and two speakers....all nicely done....and I love the looks of the fairing from the front....but may not get used to the view while riding...it blocks a lot of the road and there is a serious lack of chrome...no risers.

But I have pretty much narrowed it down....that IF I buy it would be either the Road King classic...black and even white wall tires...not sure about them....or the black Street Glide...Road King is 19,800...Street Glide is 21,000........but on the way home my paid for 2004 Vulcan was still Awesome....and has a good bit more power....you hit my throttle going 70 and it still jumps...the Harley did not...even when it was in fifth. A new friend I met in a grocery store parking lot ( while checking out his ride) and who is a HD ledgend met me at he store, showed me around, it is quite a family........oompa

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

My neighbor just got a new Road King. Way sweet ride!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit