Need new friends? Buy a Harley...so simple!

by oompa 100 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

Yes I have a big metric cruiser and I stinkin love it! But in the last two years of growth, which included my bike....I have come to appreciate that HD is a heck of family! There is some very serious camaraderie among Harley Davidson owners. I am now able to take and recieve phone calls on my non-apostaphone from these (omg WORLDLY) bikers...right in front of my wife! And I am able to actually go ride with these worldly people....and even use them as a cover to go to evil places to meet evil people. I do love my bike....but in my heart I know I am getting a Road King soon................oompa

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Ya but I've seen ppl disfellowshipped from harley groups for buying a Honda.

• sparrow
    sparrow

with you on the 2 wheel idea but sorry...GSXR for me...

• oompa
    oompa

sparrow:

with you on the 2 wheel idea but sorry...GSXR for me...

600---750----or 1000?....thoses are all some fast fun zukis there! But sparrow...In USA the HD club is just incredible...how bout down there....are they a special family or what?....oompa

• undercover
    undercover

But isn't being a friend of the HD crowd conditional upon owning an HD yourself? Not unlike remaining friends with JWs is conditional on remaining a JW yourself? Right?

And then, even inside the HD hierarchy, the Sportser guys are looked down for riding a "girls" bike. The RK and Ultra guys sneer at Sportser guys.

The HD crowd has created a paradox...a great many of them tried buying into a non-conformist lifestyle only to create another conformist lifestyle. By riding metric, we become the non-conformist to the so-called non-conformists who have conformed.

• Robert7
    Robert7

I SO want a motorcycle. I need you all to convince Ms. NewLight to be ok with it. Oompa, get to it! This way if I get one, we can ride to

Oompa, I actually do have an enduro, a street legal dirt bike. So I still would ride with you if you were to come out my way. It's just that the bike is more for rural riding. Anything over 55mph gets to be too much.

• undercover
    undercover

Dear Ms. NewLight,

If Robert7 promises to be real, real careful and obey all traffic laws, can he please, pretty please, with sugar on top, have a street motorcycle so he can come out and play? We promise to behave and not let him get hurt.

PLEEEEAAASSSEEE????

....or...

If your're gonna get a Harley, you need a different attitude,

Listen Ole Lady,

Robert7's buying a Hog, see? And we don't wanna hear no shit about it. So Bobert go get that bike and git yer ass out here now. Your ole lady can have beer ready for us when we get back from our run...

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

There is comraderie among all bikers in general but the HD bunch are elite in a class of their own.

• Evidently
    Evidently

I bought my Harley on Ebay, and told my wife AFTER I bid and won.....I did my research and decided I wanted a Fatboy, found one, and just did it. She was sick that Saturday afternoon and I went into our bedroom and told her. She didn't go too crazy but informed me she would never ride on it. After I got it home I took my daughters for a ride, they loved it and convinced their mother she should at least go for one ride, just to see what it was like. That's all it took, she became a Harley NUT and always bugged me to go for afternoon cruises. We even got her a little bike to try and ride (Honda Shadow), but she was too intimidated and decided she enjoyed riding on the back with me more, so we sold the Honda (which actually was a relief). We can't pass a Harley store without stopping, she has all of the accessories, even a Harley watch.

My wife and I are in real estate so its been tough times and we had to sell the Fatboy earlier this year, she nearly cried.... Later this year we should be "ballin" again and we're planning on getting an HD Ultra Classic Screamin Eagle, complete with heated seats and handlegrips, GPS, 6 speed trans, and all the other goodies. We are talking about a major ride out west to Arizona this December, I can't wait!!!!!

Robert, when you do get your bike just make sure you do a comfy setup for her on the back. I added a nicely padded passenger pillion and sissy bar back rest, I also put rear passenger floorboards on in place of the pegs.....she had a very comfortable spot back there.

It's true about the Harley comraderie, just come down to Bikeweek in March or Biketoberfest in October (both in Daytona Beach) to see what I mean. Live to Ride, Ride to Live!!!!!

• New light for you
    New light for you

Robert7 AND mr. undercover can go to hell.

Do you all know i would have been FINE with him getting a bike, but ALL he wants to do is do things ALONE. You all tell us "oh, it's so nice you have your wife out with you". Well aparently he doesnt care. he wants to do whatever he wants to do, alone. Of course i have to think about what we could do as a family, but aparently he wants to be single.

All i wanted was a little "dorm" fride for beer, juice for the kids etc. Robert totally freaked on me, and he's gonna be mad i'm saying this but i dont give a shit. I'm tired of being treated like a child. He wants to be single... great. bye.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit