Tossed out of the District Convention! What did I do wrong? I exist!!

by Terry 122 Replies latest jw friends

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

@BreakingAway: I really don't appreciate comparing JayDubs to soldiers. I've never met a soldier that acts like a JayDub. :oP

Contrary to very popular belief, Soldiers are every kind of people and training doesn't really change you other than make of possible to set yourself aside when you need to serve a role on the team.

Allusions to 1984 or the Third Reich would be far more appropriate. Thanksabunch.

Bring_the_Light

• flipper
    flipper

TERRY- That is so incredibly rude how you were treated. I'm sorry you were treated that way. I guess it just goes to show and reaffirm to you that you definitely made the right decision years ago to leave the witnesses ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

I'm glad you posted this Terry.

I hereby vow that I'll both do nothing even the slightest bit provacative, but also I will not leave under my own power. If they want to drag me out so be it, if they want to call the police I'll politely ask to be cuffed and arrested at which time leaving under my own power is under the auspices of complying with a law enforcement officer. I'd love to have an arrest record which contains only an arrest for suspected thoughtcrime. I'll emphasize that the officers should get a full account of what distubance/cause is alleged and I'll get a copy of the report for my trophy case. The opportunity to give a good witness is too good to pass up.

Anybody that orders me to do anything will be asked to show credentials. Sure the mofo who signs for the Cinvention Center gets to pick who comes to his party, the mofos who will actually go Third Reich on you aren't the same mofo. Who exactly is in charge of these things? Is there a "Convention Overseer"?

Is it more appropriate to go in full dub-garb or worldling-dressy like someone's "study" might appear? When I've gone to meetings I don't make any effort to look like a dub, because it seems dishonest to me. Wolves in wilves clothing can't be accused if dishonesty. At a minimum dubs should be afforded the opportunity to put up their worldling armor. :oP

Don't be ashamed of the Light. Shine, let it shine, let it shine (uhh, isn't there a song like that?)
    Bring_the_Light

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

TERRY--------I'm so sorry they hurt you, Terry they are not worth it, You should be glad you are out of there.

They have no right to do that to you. But don't you know they are brain washed.

Terry---Its a good story, It tells you what they are like (BRAIN WASHED) and makes you not want to go back there. They did you a faver.

I would have laugh at them and walked away.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway
    @BreakingAway: I really don't appreciate comparing JayDubs to soldiers. I've never met a soldier that acts like a JayDub. :oP

Contrary to very popular belief, Soldiers are every kind of people and training doesn't really change you other than make of possible to set yourself aside when you need to serve a role on the team.

Allusions to 1984 or the Third Reich would be far more appropriate. Thanksabunch.

Bring_the_Light

I know what you're saying BTL (including the quip).Perhaps, I should have been more specific though. I was in the military and you certainly are right that all types are present.The main point, specifically regarding a specialized service, such as Special Forces, or civilian specialties, is that one must be able to accomplish a critical task even if they are unable to properly focus.The cause of this might be injury,stress,shell shock, etc.In such a case, the person would be able to do it "in their sleep" so to speak, without any real conscious effort.The Society has trained, or conditioned, JW's to act in a certain manner to accomplish the Society's goals. What you mentioned here regarding training is a point I was also driving at....

set yourself aside when you need to serve a role on the team.

Witnesses get to the point where they "set themselves aside".All Witnesses do this to some extent, but in a case where a specific trigger is touched, such as confronting an "apostate", or one showing "apostate leanings", they go into "autopilot" and act in the manner in which they've been trained;Fear,Anger, Etc.Tunnel vision sets in and they focus entirely on the task at hand:"Getting rid of the threat ! This reaction may very well defy rational thought and perhaps may even cause them, after the fact, to question why they acted the way they did.A similar, and extended, case of this, is how those who df'd and da'd are treated by Family and socalled Friends.The Society has prepared and trained Witnesses to act a certain way when the disfellowshipping finally arrives.When it does....the person is "cut off" by everyone else, thus accomplishing the task for which they have been trained or "conditioned".And I agree that 1984 and the Third Reich would be appropriate, likely more so.

• oompa
    oompa

I agree with the earlier poster that you should lay the freakin guilt trip on sista ratyourassout............and in your honor terry...i am wearing nothing but a thong and a cowboy hat to the DC here next weekend!............................it is legal in public btw..........oompa

• John Doe
    John Doe

What happened to the two witness rule?

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway
    ............and in your honor terry...i am wearing nothing but a thong and a cowboy hat to the DC here next weekend!.....

Just don't forget the spurs...you want to complete the outfit.Maybe even a Chippendales bow tie, since it's somewhat of a formal occasion.

• yknot
    yknot

OMG!!!!

Yea email her back with a guilt trip....I mean maybe Jehoobie's spirit had brought you to your senses! Make sure it is filled with WT quotes about how lost ones returned and how the brother have such a loving spirit!

What a biyotch!!!!

I would fire off a letter to the branch too.....

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

@BreakingAway:

I agree completely, but the prejudices of the typical cake-eater would just revert to visions of braindead or brainwashed automatons so I felt like I needed to voice some righteous indignations. In my case, and maybe your's, soldiers are what happens when a man/woman decides they DON'T want to be like a witless. :oP

I had a Vietnam Vet (now PO) come up to me kinda snottyish "so a bit disillusioned with the military" I couldn't stop myself from responding "well I was never really 'illusioned' in the first place". Hehe, our eyes met and he knew I wasn't only talking about the military. Ahh. I have a lot of respect for a man who's been through what he was wanting to embrace passivism/religion, but that doesn't give him permission to disrespect me or anyone else. In some cases experience and perspective does not equal wisdom. No Mr. RamboPO I do not subjugate my opinions, thinking or conscience to your holier than god self.

War is the worst thing there is. That is very easy to agree about. What to do about it is much more difficult.

Bring_the_Light

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit